PDA

View Full Version : How To Join The Corps At 17.

Ellerman
07-27-10, 05:02 PM
i have a question. (obviously) How do you join the Marines at 17 years old? i know you need your parents to ok it or whatever, but what about high school and graduating and getting a diploma? would i have to graduate a year early or what? ive searched the internet and everything for a long time. found nothing. help me out. (sorry if this is in the wrong section)

Beltayn
07-27-10, 05:13 PM
You have to have either a college diploma or a GED. Not everyone has turned 18 yet at the time they graduate high school.

Ellerman
07-27-10, 06:53 PM
ohhhhhh. okay. thank you. thats simple.

Phantom Blooper
07-27-10, 07:12 PM
With a GED you need to take 15 credits from a college in addition to the GED.

Your best bet is to stay in school and graduate with a diploma.

The Marine Corps only fills so many GED slots a year and they are hard to come by with the MOS that you want to do.

Search the Poolee Forum and Ask A Marine forum on this site as this subject has been broached many times.

Keyword: GED

:evilgrin:

usmc3521
07-28-10, 06:12 PM
With a GED you need to take 15 credits from a college in addition to the GED.

Your best bet is to stay in school and graduate with a diploma.

The Marine Corps only fills so many GED slots a year and they are hard to come by with the MOS that you want to do.

Search the Poolee Forum and Ask A Marine forum on this site as this subject has been broached many times.

Keyword: GED

:evilgrin:

exactly. No highschool diploma means virtually no chance to get in. The Marine Corps is overfull as is, in our recruiting region they are only taking PRIME candidates for boot and are not shipping to boot until late november at the earliest

Sgt Leprechaun
07-28-10, 11:31 PM
Moved to the proper section.

1: Stay in school. That HS diploma is worth more in the long run than the GED.

2: At 17, you need both parents signatures. No way around it and no waivers.

gunnyE7
07-29-10, 12:46 AM
I didn't see a profile, fill it out wannabe. <br />
<br />
Now Sergeant Leprechaun is correct. I would like to add... <br />
At 17 you can enlist and your ship date will be delayed, saying you graduate high school...

erased
07-30-10, 05:29 AM
At 17, assuming you're a senior, you can join the Marines and be part of the Delayed Entry Program. You'll work out with a recruiter and learn (almost) everything you need to know before recruit training. Once you graduate high school, you'll be eligible to ship to recruit training.

Go talk to a recruiter.