PDA

View Full Version : Medical records!

OneRadRudeBoy
07-27-10, 12:07 AM
So my recruiter faxed out a MEPCOM form to O' Callaghan hospital a few weeks ago and apparently nothing came back. About to head to the hospital tomorrow, but I'm unsure about how long military hospitals keep medical records (I had a light wrist injury last year). My dad said that after a long period of time, they send them to some records database in Illinois or something and that it could take 6 months to get them if that's the case. What do I do? Has anyone experienced this? I ship on the 3rd.

Sgt Leprechaun
07-29-10, 01:58 AM
That's certainly possible, but if you were just there last year, likely you'll be ok.

Hummel
07-29-10, 01:58 AM
The Hospital should have everything on record. They probably have a person dedicated to record keeping. You might not of gotten them faxed back because your parents or you haven't signed a release form. I had to do that with my med. forms, but it still took like 3 weeks between getting them to the correct place and getting it cleared.

Yonkers
07-30-10, 04:30 PM
Medical records take awhile to acquire... it took my local hospital a few weeks to dig up my stuff... mostly because the idiots lost them... but eh. Who knows?