PDA

View Full Version : Taking Chance

MKearin
07-26-10, 10:11 AM
Anybody else get a lump in the throat during the hearse convoy scene in Taking Chance?...Semper Fi!:usmc:

thewookie
07-26-10, 10:45 AM
Anybody else get a lump in the throat during the hearse convoy scene in Taking Chance?...Semper Fi!:usmc:

Yeah, and I thought that it was a good movie about the Corps and that type of stuff. It seemed like a fairly accurate portrayal anyway. Not that I've had to go through that.

And for what it is worth. A First Sergeant friend of mine who runs the I&I staff in Texarkana was recently at Quantico for a CAO school and he said it was pretty accurate as to what he learned there.

gkmoz
07-26-10, 11:19 AM
I thought it was a respectful and well done movie. The only thing I questioned was his rank. I believe he was a L/CPL but was addressed as a PFC in the funeral parlor scene. Nit picking a bit Sorry ! S/F :thumbup::thumbup:

hbharrison
07-26-10, 11:42 AM
Been trying to find that movie around here for weeks no luck so far but still looken.

MKearin
07-26-10, 12:40 PM
Hey Butch, I found on Amazon for about 12 bucks.

USNAviator
07-26-10, 12:57 PM
I agree it's an excellent movie and very respectful. Kevin Bacon played his second role in which he showed honor and dignity to the Corps. His first being in A Few Good Men.

hbharrison
07-26-10, 12:59 PM
Hey Butch, I found on Amazon for about 12 bucks.

Thanks I looking:thumbup:

Lisa 23
07-26-10, 03:32 PM
Taking Chance
http://www.leatherneck.com/forums/showthread.php?t=45815&page=2&highlight=taking+chance

Movie: Taking Chance
http://www.leatherneck.com/forums/showthread.php?t=95789&highlight=taking+chance

Marine1955
07-31-10, 08:34 AM
Been trying to find that movie around here for weeks no luck so far but still look-en.

I found it at Hasting book and video in Garden City,Ks. I'm sure if you go to any video store they should have it. I got mine for $1.00 cause it was previewed and they have specials buy one at so & so much and get the next one for a Buck. I never buy a movie brand new, I wait until they come out and write down the title and wait for it to go on sell as previewed and get them for 1/2 price nearly.In this economy I can't afford to buy brand new and I bet most of us can't either.

MKearin
07-31-10, 08:46 AM
That`s the way I usually like to buy movies too. You can find movies at a "bargain" price online. But by the time you pay the shipping cost you end up paying the same price as a new one, if not more.

florczak2287
08-08-10, 04:03 PM
Excellent movie, only Seen it once since I got it though, just one of those movies for me.

S/F