PDA

View Full Version : How does your garden grow

Sgt Jim
07-25-10, 05:01 PM
We have one tomatoe plant with two on it,one cucumber plant with one on it,and one canalope plant with four.not going to break any records this year.

hbharrison
07-25-10, 05:10 PM
Was doing good until the heet then the rain, flash floods, hail and 60 mph winds a few weeks ago. Corn fell over on the gound no tormaters at all plants gone and rest looks like Hogans goat got to it. Was going to take pictures to show Sparkie but not much left.:sick:

SlingerDun
07-25-10, 06:44 PM
Sowed in early March $1.89 worth of spinach seed and about 10 bucks of water and fertilizer yielded 3 cuttings and some $70 (organic prices) worth of produce. So far we've reaped about $30 worth of Snow Peas off $1.99 seed, but their about played out also. The patch only receives about 4 hours of morning sunlight on the summer solstice.

temarti
07-25-10, 08:22 PM
We planted the 4x4 garden this year, yielding about 10 cucumbers a week, the Okra is doing OK and we have cantaloupe spreading like crazy, so should be good in the next two months.

Idena
07-25-10, 10:02 PM
The only thing I'm successfully growing is herbs. I have three zucchini plants & three squash plants, & the ONLY thing I've gotten from any of them this season is *one* zucchini. I must be doing something wrong.

I'm so embarassed. I grew up on a farm, & yet I can't even grow squash. :confused:

DocGreek
07-25-10, 10:24 PM
:D.....Did someone say "hydroponic's"?.......speaking of "herb"!....:p

micarr57
07-25-10, 10:31 PM
you can't get that from the VA yet .....yet

micarr57
07-25-10, 10:32 PM
my garden was doing ok till the neighbor sprayed their roundup ready beans with a 20 mph wind going kinda fukd up things

Sgt Leprechaun
07-26-10, 12:31 AM
The heat wiped out the corn. Tomatos are doing 'ok'. Carrots, dead. Garlic, dead. Lettuce, was good, ate it already. Squash, good. Volunteer pumpkin...time will tell. Pole beans...iffy. We'll see how the potatoes do....

Weeds, on the other hand, are going like gangbusters.

gunnyE7
07-26-10, 12:59 AM
=)

Quinbo
07-26-10, 01:00 AM
Planted bell peppers and one cantalope in flower pots on the window sill. All the peppers have at least one on them. The cantalope has lots of blooms but no sign of fruit yet. We took the seeds from peppers and cantalope we had purchased for consumption.

The peppers will be big enough to eat soon. Probably gonna end up giving the whole works to a neighbor here shortly.

silverdollar
07-26-10, 07:24 AM
With bluebells,cockleshells,and one friggen weed.:mad:

Marine84
07-26-10, 09:01 PM

My thoughts exactly Doc - long time ago I was OK at it. Ever since then, I've killed one cactus and a ficas tree. Couple of weeks ago I bought 2 of those "topsy turvy" thingies - one for a tomato plant and the other for strawberries. I haven't killed them.....................yet. The box said I couldn't fail. We'll see - LOL!

USMCM38A1
07-26-10, 09:16 PM
seems the only thing that grows really good im my old clay dirt is tomatoes ,wife plants to many every year then complains when they all come on at once.

sparkie
07-26-10, 09:19 PM
Been 113 for 2 weeks. tomatoes and corn are gone. 16 chickens are down to 3 eggs a day. Zuchinni growin good with no fruit. It's a desert out there.