PDA

View Full Version : Hand Sweat

Enlisted
07-24-10, 05:55 AM
Good morning Marines!

I have bad hand sweat. When I am doing push ups on a surface other than carpet, like the floor of a gym, my hands slip and I eat the deck. Same goes with mountain climbers and so on.

It's also a problem when handling firearms. When I went out and shot a handgun with my dad, I realized my hand sweat makes my hands slip when trying to pull back.

I was wondering what kind of surfaces I will be PTing on at Recruit Training in MCRD San Diego. I know I'll catch heck for it from Drill Instructors but beyond that I honestly don't know how to fix it. PT gear doesn't seem very absorbent so I can't really wipe my hands off on them.

I can't be the only one who's had this problem. Any advice is appreciated.

FPM
07-24-10, 08:34 AM
Sand, Dirt, Asphault, Concrete, Grass, Basicly any type of surface you can think of and then some.

brecon65
07-24-10, 09:21 AM
My father was actually DQ'd for WWII because of this condition during a pre-induction physical. I suffered with the same problem throughout my youth, but somewhere in my late 20s or early 30s it ceased to be a problem.

If you are allowed to have an underarm antiperspirant among your toiletries, apply it liberally to the palms of both hands and rub your hands together like you are washing them. This helped me years ago when wet hands were a problem when I was playing and teaching tennis.

Good luck with it.

Quinbo
07-24-10, 10:04 AM
Have no fear.... you will be everything sweat. You're gonna sweat so much you will leave footprints on dry pavement. You're gonna sweat so much your cover is gonna look like it was dipped in mashed potatoes. You're gonna sweat so much your face is gonna have salty streaks of dried salt. When you walk your boots are gonna make squishing noises cause your socks are soaked in sweat. Annnnd so is everyone else.

You'll not be issued pine tar so you can handle a rifle with sweaty palms. You aint the first and you won't be the last. Of course if you drop it the DI is likely to shove it up your ass and pull the trigger.

echo3oscar1833
07-24-10, 10:18 AM
Have no fear.... you will be everything sweat. You're gonna sweat so much you will leave footprints on dry pavement. You're gonna sweat so much your cover is gonna look like it was dipped in mashed potatoes. You're gonna sweat so much your face is gonna have salty streaks of dried salt. When you walk your boots are gonna make squishing noises cause your socks are soaked in sweat. Annnnd so is everyone else.

You'll not be issued pine tar so you can handle a rifle with sweaty palms. You aint the first and you won't be the last. Of course if you drop it the DI is likely to shove it up your ass and pull the trigger.

Haha thats funny Bulk :)

sparkie
07-24-10, 11:42 AM
Sounds like a case of overworked palms to me.

Phantom Blooper
07-24-10, 03:10 PM
Sounds like a case of overworked palms to me.

Switch hands.....:evilgrin:

hussaf
07-24-10, 03:43 PM
sounds like hyperpalmer hydrosis (sp?). This would be something you go to a dermatologist for...might be able to prescribe something. Maybe even injections if its that bad.

Phantom Blooper
07-24-10, 04:16 PM
sounds like hyperpalmer hydrosis (sp?). This would be something you go to a dermatologist for...might be able to prescribe something. Maybe even injections if its that bad.

If that is the case....this treatment would not be available in boot camp...:evilgrin:

SGT7477
07-24-10, 07:33 PM
The more we sweat in peace the less we bleed in war, Semper Fidelis.

micarr57
07-24-10, 09:08 PM

have no fear you gonna sweat places you didn't know you'd sweat from:thumbup:

hussaf
07-25-10, 05:09 AM
Yes, previous to attending BC