PDA

View Full Version : PI Graduation

Prwalker
07-23-10, 04:49 AM
Good morning Marines. My family is trying to make arrangements for my graduation. Are graduations always on a Friday? On the PI web site it says my forecasted graduation date is Nov. 24, a Wednesday.

http://www.mcrdpi.usmc.mil/graduation/grad_dates.asp

Thanks for your time

ArtyOps
07-23-10, 05:28 AM
They are normally on Fridays but the 25th is Thanksgiving so they're having it on the 24th.

LJ27
07-23-10, 10:33 AM
When your platoon gets picked up your senior will have you send your family a letter with the exact date.

WXSgt
07-23-10, 11:28 AM
also the day prior is family day where youll get your EGA so dont only come on grad day but also a day prior.

Prwalker
07-23-10, 11:37 AM
Thank you

josephd
07-23-10, 04:14 PM
also the day prior is family day where youll get your EGA so dont only come on grad day but also a day prior.

Unless PI does it completely different from SD, EGA's are issued out the morning after finishing the crucible now not the day before graduation. That whole week after the crucible is called "Marine Week" after earning the title/EGA ceremony.

WXSgt
07-23-10, 04:19 PM
unless they changed it since 03 PI stopped doing that because of "recruits getting attitudes" as i was told. we get them on family day when i went but it has been 7 years. talking to my boot here who went about a year ago he said he got it at the end of the cruicible so they changed it again

Lisa 23
07-23-10, 04:23 PM
My nephew, who went through Parris Island boot camp last year (June-Aug), got his Eagle Globe and Anchor at the end of the crucible.

afraziaaaa
07-23-10, 05:27 PM
Good morning Marines. My family is trying to make arrangements for my graduation. Are graduations always on a Friday? On the PI web site it says my forecasted graduation date is Nov. 24, a Wednesday.

http://www.mcrdpi.usmc.mil/graduation/grad_dates.asp

Thanks for your time

Your recruiter has a sheet that has your EXACT graduation date on it. He should also have a list of hotels that your family can stay in near the base.

Matter of factly, I just looked at the sheet. You will be in First Recruit Training Batallion, Delta Company. Graduation is 24 Nov, and report to SOI 07 Dec.

You will not be able to get recruiter's assistance after boot camp because you are an 03.