PDA

View Full Version : Question for recruiters

Deadstock
07-22-10, 10:18 AM
I will be meeting my recruiter in two weeks now i am wondering what should i ask,besides information on my m.o.s.
Second question does the Marine Corps still have the buddy system where i could go trough boot camp whit a friend ?

Lt Miller
07-22-10, 10:20 AM
Buddy system is for homos. Your recruiter will set you up with everything you need to know.

The only thing you need to have your mindset on is your MOS, because he will try to pressure you into something you probably wont like.

Beltayn
07-22-10, 06:48 PM
Second question does the Marine Corps still have the buddy system where i could go trough boot camp whit a friend ?

Yes they still have this.

afraziaaaa
07-23-10, 04:57 PM
First, why are you waiting two weeks to meet your recruiter?

Second, you don't need to ask many questions. Your recruiter will do most of the talking. It's his job to ask you questions so he can understand what you are looking for. Once he understands what you are looking for, then he can give you the best assessment of what is right for you and why the Marine Corps may or may not be a good choice for you.

Meeting a recruiter, beleive it or not is a two way street. You may be considering the Marine Corps, but remember: We have to serve with you if you enlist! If we don't like you for our Marine Corps by the end of our meeting, chances are you won't be getting in unless we get desperate.

Two questions I reccomend asking are "What is the enlistment process like?" and "What is the delayed entry program?"

The best thing you can do for yourself while meeting with a recruiter is be 100% open and honest with him about your feelings on joining. Don't be afraid to admit that you are intimidated by the image of the Marine Corps, or that you are worried about leaving your family. The majority of future Marines have the same concerns.

Finally, do not go into the recruiting office with your mind set on a specific MOS. Every Marine is first trained as a rifleman, then given an MOS. The most important thing is "Do I want to be a US Marine?"
Worry about your job later.