PDA

View Full Version : in need of some help pleese

EedaR
07-21-10, 08:36 PM
Hey guys
I guess Ill start with an intoduction my name is Robert and Im joining the marines hopefully sometime next year I cant join right now because my parents wont sign for me but hopefully by next year i can join. Anways Im not sure how the inlistment process works and i just need to ask a few questons about it. I talked to a recruiter but I think he may not be being completely truthful about everything he is saying because he says Im probably only going to be infantry because my test scores arent very high their not horrible but I think their like a 42 overall on the practice test that he gave me. Dont i at least qualify to work on tanks or something? I really dont want to be infantry it just doesnt fit what i want to do in the marines. I really dont like being lied to and I just want to sort that out. Also does anyone know where i can get an asvab practice book because he said i should study before I take the real one. I googled it but nothing good comes up I want a real book I can use. Anyways thanks for your time guys. And please only give good answers

SORRY ABOUT THE MISPELLING IN THE TITLE I MEANT TO SAY "PLEASE".

AdirondackDog
07-21-10, 08:47 PM
The real ASVAB is typically easier than the practice test. Your recruiter is able to give you a practice/ study booklet for the test. There is even an ASVAB for Dummies book you can get. If you cant get it through the recruiter, I suggest you go down to Boarder's Book store and buy one. You can also download the .torrent if you have utorrent or limewire. But im not soliciting illegal downloading, thats just a reference. As for the job you want, what ever you qualify for you can have. If you tell your recruiter that you wont sign the papers unless its a job your content with you would be suprised with the strings that can be pulled to get you what you want. I hope this helps.

scifguard
07-21-10, 08:47 PM
1. Fill out your profile so we know who you are and we will respond in kind.

2. The word Marines will always be capitalized. Always...

3. Go read the rules for the Poolie Hall and Ask a Marine forums.

Wyoming
07-21-10, 08:48 PM
You think that is all you misspelled?

Just for ****s and grins, I quit counting after 8 or 10 spelling, capitalization and punctuation errors.

You gotta watch them 'cruters. The Maureen Corpse teaches them funny ways.

I had to laugh. Most 16, 17, 18 yo's, WANT infantry.

Grab your gun, shoot, bang, boom, kill, kill.

EedaR
07-21-10, 08:55 PM
Ok thanks.
Sorry I thought I had everything I needed in my profile
Yeah I kinda do want infantry but I was also hoping I could do something that would give me some sort of skills. I was hoping that as a tanker I could still get the chance to shoot, bang, boom, kill, kill.

AdirondackDog
07-21-10, 09:01 PM
Stay motivated. From now on just double check your grammar and spelling. You should get in the habbit of correctness because nothing less is expected.

FattyTheFerret
07-22-10, 12:39 AM
Local library will have ASVAB practice books. Use those instead of buying one.