PDA

View Full Version : Base life

Fisher250
07-20-10, 02:57 PM
I am ready and excited about joining the marines, I am just looking for some more info about base life I have a wife and son and I haven't talked to anybody yet that was married while being enlisted. I want to know that they will be safe and hopefully not bored while I am deployed and I want to know that my son will have a good life if I make this a career. Sorry if I posted this in the wrong place feel free to move it But thank you for any info you give

Lisa 23
07-20-10, 03:14 PM
How about filling out all of your profile so the Marines who are going to answer your questions, know who they are talking to.....and you may also want to familiarize yourself with the site rules in the poolee and Ask A Marine forums.
When using the word Marines, it will be capitalized at all times.

I'm sure a Marine will come along soon and be able to answer your questions about family life in the Marine Corps. You may also want to do a search to see if this topic has been covered before.

WXSgt
07-20-10, 03:14 PM
the different bases have different things going on when i was stationed on Miramar we actually lived off base in military housing bout 20 mins away but it was nice housing in a good area. here on pendleton i live on base bout 20 mins from work yet again lol. the housing here they have free arcades in the community center and gyms and pools so its pretty cool and here on pendleton the school is in the housing area at least for the 2 areas ive seen so your son wil be going to school with someone that lives nearby

Fisher250
07-20-10, 03:30 PM
Sorry about missing the rule of Marine being capitalized. And thank you fo the quick reply

Danny C Smith
07-20-10, 03:53 PM
Yep, different bases, different stuff to do.
I was stationed at 29 Palms.
SOOO, 20 something years ago we had some pretty cool stuff on base. Gym, bowling alley, theater, pool, tennis and of course
racquet ball courts. Basket ball courts, both indoor and out door.
Even had a Karate Instructor. MCX, and the beloved "package store"
as we called it then and probably still do. (That's where you buy booze)
I was married with children at the time too and lived off base.
There was still some cool stuff to do out in town though even back then.