PDA

View Full Version : The screw up in Boot Camp? Do what?

32JJW0311
07-19-10, 11:28 AM
In Boot Camp, what should you do when the guy who screws up in Boot Camp keeps screwing up and puts no effort towards what he is supposed to be doing?
For example lets say this recruit was the guide or squad leader what should he do to the guy who keeps screwing up and making the rest of the recruits do push-ups or workouts because he decides not to put forth effort or anything at all?

Wyoming
07-19-10, 11:34 AM
There is a DI on here right now. He may be along shortly. Maybe he will answer.

32JJW0311
07-19-10, 11:39 AM
There is a DI on here right now. Maybe he will answer.

Ok. I just heard from a Veteran Marine who served in Veitnam while I'm here at work he said he beat up the recruit who kept making mistakes and the recruit told on him so the Ssgt DI pulled him them into his office told the one recruit that he fell in the shower and if he tells anyone otherwise the Ssgt would beat him (this is when they could hit them and swear) and told the Marine recruit who was the squad leader at the time good job.haha.

Wyoming
07-19-10, 11:50 AM
Ok. I just heard from a Veteran Marine who served in Veitnam while I'm here at work he said he beat up the recruit who kept making mistakes and the recruit told on him so the Ssgt DI pulled him them into his office told the one recruit that he fell in the shower and if he tells anyone otherwise the Ssgt would beat him (this is when they could hit them and swear) and told the Marine recruit who was the squad leader at the time good job.haha.

Take that with a HUGE grain of salt.

See post #2 here - http://www.leatherneck.com/forums/showthread.php?t=97471

Isrowei
07-19-10, 12:25 PM

Putting your hands on another person is a good way to find yourself in jail with a criminal record...both in or out of boot camp.

I'd suggest you pay attention to yourself and if you're trying to influence another person, let your words and personal example be your tools of choice, not your meathooks.

32JJW0311
07-19-10, 12:28 PM
Putting your hands on another person is a good way to find yourself in jail with a criminal record...both in or out of boot camp.

I'd suggest you pay attention to yourself and if you're trying to influence another person, let your words and personal example be your tools of choice, not your meathooks.

Thank you Captian.

Bdchi1
07-19-10, 12:55 PM
FACT #1: DI's are responsible for making you as Marine fit as possible.

FACT #2: DI's do this through exercise (thrashings) and mind games.

FACT #3: DI's are going to thrash everyone at every opportunity throughout your time at Boot Camp to achieve FACTS 1-2.

FACT #4: Not all recruits are as strong, motivated, and squared aways as the next recruit. Some are weaker, slower and generally may want to quit.

FACT #5: DI's have perfected methods of correcting FACT #4. This often includes thrashing everybody because of one recruit's problems. DI's will use this strategy until they realize that the problem recruit cannot be salvaged or that physical harm may come to that recruit.

FACT #6: YOU WILL BE THRASHED REPEATEDLY WHETHER THERE ARE 5 PROBLEM RECRUITS OR JUST ZERO. Get used to being miserable. You signed up for it.

FACT #7: DI's will strip you of individualism and shape you into one giant organism know as a platoon. The philosophy is simple...a unit is only as strong as its weakest link. You help that problem recruit where and when it is feasible.

FACT #8: You are a recruit. You are NOT a Marine, DI or person of authority to train another recruit. If you touch another recruit in an unsupervised manner, you will likely end up in severed from the Boot Camp and in jail for assault/battery.

FACT #9: SUMMARY: Some one will be the weakest length; everybody will get thrashed for any and every reason repeatedly for 3 months; you will be miserable; you will cease to be an individual and become a single organism; DI's will make everyone stronger; you are not a person of authority to train a recruit through unsupervised punishment (e.g., Code Red); and you will be punished for attempting to live out some old Marine's war story or Stanley Kubrick's Movie Scenes from Full Metal Jacket.

Best of luck and I hope you stay focused on the task at hand and not the tasks of the DI's.

32JJW0311
07-19-10, 01:16 PM
FACT #1: DI's are responsible for making you as Marine fit as possible.

FACT #2: DI's do this through exercise (thrashings) and mind games.

FACT #3: DI's are going to thrash everyone at every opportunity throughout your time at Boot Camp to achieve FACTS 1-2.

FACT #4: Not all recruits are as strong, motivated, and squared aways as the next recruit. Some are weaker, slower and generally may want to quit.

FACT #5: DI's have perfected methods of correcting FACT #4. This often includes thrashing everybody because of one recruit's problems. DI's will use this strategy until they realize that the problem recruit cannot be salvaged or that physical harm may come to that recruit.

FACT #6: YOU WILL BE THRASHED REPEATEDLY WHETHER THERE ARE 5 PROBLEM RECRUITS OR JUST ZERO. Get used to being miserable. You signed up for it.

FACT #7: DI's will strip you of individualism and shape you into one giant organism know as a platoon. The philosophy is simple...a unit is only as strong as its weakest link. You help that problem recruit where and when it is feasible.

FACT #8: You are a recruit. You are NOT a Marine, DI or person of authority to train another recruit. If you touch another recruit in an unsupervised manner, you will likely end up in severed from the Boot Camp and in jail for assault/battery.

FACT #9: SUMMARY: Some one will be the weakest length; everybody will get thrashed for any and every reason repeatedly for 3 months; you will be miserable; you will cease to be an individual and become a single organism; DI's will make everyone stronger; you are not a person of authority to train a recruit through unsupervised punishment (e.g., Code Red); and you will be punished for attempting to live out some old Marine's war story or Stanley Kubrick's Movie Scenes from Full Metal Jacket.

Best of luck and I hope you stay focused on the task at hand and not the tasks of the DI's.

Thank you Corporal Bill.

GT6238
07-19-10, 01:44 PM
There's a lot of things that used to happen in boot that don't now. I went through 43 years ago and survived various things because I was not the most squared away recruit who put leather on PI's parade deck. I'll give one hint. I consider it an honor to have been choked by a Drill Instructor who shortly after I graduated received the Medal of Honor and was promoted to officer rank. That's all I'm sayin'

DrZ
07-19-10, 01:56 PM
If you have a screw up in boot.... the DI will take care of him. While doing it... he will take care of you as well. You worry about yourself and let others worry about themselves. You are in boot to learn how to be a Marine and that should be your ONLY goal.

Blanket parties and things of that nature are a thing of the past and doing that now will get you pitched out before you have even made it in.

Vandrel
07-19-10, 02:05 PM
Let the DI's take care of everything. Every platoon has a **** bag.

32JJW0311
07-19-10, 02:16 PM
Thank you for the advice.

Danny C Smith
07-19-10, 02:35 PM
Every platoon has a "Gomer".
We had ours and some of us helped him along.
Even when we were thrashing for him.
Some young guys just bite off more than they can chew.
Gomer will make you strong believe me.
Good luck and and just do it.