PDA

View Full Version : Question Regarding 6xxx

BassPro0007
07-18-10, 11:28 PM
Please forgive me for asking suck a narrow question, but it is one that has been bugging me scence I picked my job. My recruiter could only sign me up as 6xxx. I am very interested in aircrafts and would enjoy most of the jobs in this area. The only job I have heard of that I would hate (and forgive me for not knowing the real name) is called stich B!@#&. Can someone inform me of the chances of catching this job? Also any info on the 6xxx MOS is greatly appreciated. I cant find much specific information on it online. Thanks again for the wisdom.

-Poollee Williams

Sgt Leprechaun
07-19-10, 07:13 PM
Sounds like "Flight Equipment" to me. They do a lot of fixing/repairing of gear and equipment. Really it's NOT that bad a gig.

AdirondackDog
07-19-10, 07:35 PM
Im not to sure but it might be a rigger. Packing parachutes. Like I said, Im not sure. Never heard that term before.

thezero
07-19-10, 07:44 PM
Dude dis PR's they can be your best friends when you need some gear fixed or chevrons put on. "Stich Bit*h" is close to 3 months of school then you hit the fleet. You learn to sew and take care of safety and survival gear.

BassPro0007
07-19-10, 10:14 PM
Now that I hear it rigger sounds like the term I was looking for. And Zero, my recruiter said that exact same thing lol. Can anyone shed some light on the likelyhood of aquiring this job though? Thanks for the info.

Wyoming
07-19-10, 10:34 PM
Riggers were some good folks to know.

They also flew as gunners.

Man, the **** they could do with a flight jacket!!!

Corpsmen, Admin, Riggers. All part of the good guy bunch.

BassPro0007
07-19-10, 11:36 PM
HaHa sounds pretty neat when you put it that way. Thanks for the info. It took that little worry I had away. I was picturing it as sitting in front of a sewing machine for eight hours a day.

Sgt Leprechaun
07-20-10, 01:54 AM
Nooooo, believe me. One of the Marines (as has been stated) that you WANT to be buddies with. He/she can make you bags of all sizes (free or something good in trade), and do all sorts of other things.