PDA

View Full Version : Thanks To Everyone Here At Leatherneck

NEWB
09-18-03, 11:51 PM
:marine: This is to THANK everyone here at Leatherneck for their support and prayers. Tomorrow, 9/19/2003, my "adopted nephew" CPL Christopher L. Smith, will be here with us in Ozona, Tx.. He has spent the last 8 1/2 months in Iraq. Your support and advice has kept this family and his family going during the times that have been the hardest to endure. I can not thank all of you for what you have done. It has shown what the expression "SEMPER FI" truly means.
I have know Chris since he was only 8 years old. He used to ask me all about the Corps. He is now 21 yrs. old and a veteran. He and I have e-mailed each other almost everyday he was gone and I have passed on everything y'all have sent to me as well as some of the posts. I only hope now, that I can give him the peace and understanding that you all have given to me. We have know what combat is and what it can do. If I can pass on half of what you all have given to me, then I have done a good job. THANK YOU ALL.
We, meaning his family and us, are giving him a Texas size welcome. We have ordered kegs of beer, about a half of beef, plus homemade deserts and of course tons of Mexican food. So if anyone of you all happens to be coming thru Ozona on Saturday, just stop on by and join in.

NEWB
09-18-03, 11:56 PM
Hey, I know that my spelling isn't the greatest but Hey, I was a grunt. LOL.
I don't know if I will be up here for a few days. I will be recovering. Thanks,

NEWB

Wahrmund
09-19-03, 07:11 AM
Good job, Chris. Welcome home. You did good.

thedrifter
09-19-03, 07:37 AM
NEWB

Hell forget the spelling.....We got what you mean....;)

Welcome Home

Sempers,

Roger

Osotogary
09-19-03, 12:02 PM
Wow. Osona, Texas! Haven't heard that community mentioned in a long time. I passed through there in the late 70's.
I hope that you all have a rip-roaring good time and count your blessings at the same time (before, during or after the beer...it doesn't matter). Good news is always good to hear. Thanks for sharing.
Gary (osotogary)

Sgt Sostand
09-19-03, 01:05 PM
where in the heck is Ozona, Tx

Osotogary
09-19-03, 01:49 PM
Sgt Sostand,
Ozona, Texas is located right along Highway 10 just west of Sonora, Texas. If you are heading east through Texas, on Highway 10, you'd be heading in the right direction if you passed Fort Stockton, Bakersfield, Sheffield and Ft. Lancaster State Park.
Gary (osotogary)

Les Elkins
09-19-03, 06:57 PM
Well he used to ask you about the Corps...Now it is your turn to ask Chris about the Corps...

montana
09-19-03, 08:04 PM
wheres Texas ???
somewhere in southwest montana ???

ivalis
09-19-03, 09:38 PM
We stole Texas, New Mexico, Arizona, and California from the Mexicans. The latest census suggests to me that they got it back.

shoreparty
09-19-03, 10:13 PM
TEXAS????HELL EVERBODY KNOWS ITS IN DA HILLS OF OREGON!!!!!!!!! SEMPER FI,,,,,,,MARINE,,,,,,,,,, JOB WELL DONE,GOD BLESS YALL from oregon

JChristin
09-19-03, 11:42 PM
Isn't that somewhere in the southeastern cornor of Oregon, way south of Ontario and east of the Steens?

semper fi,
jchristin

greybeard
09-20-03, 02:55 PM
Not likely young lady.
Good job NEWB!! Glad to hear he's back safely. & don't give anyone else directions to Texas.
1. We got enough 'foreigners' here already.(even tho we're actually foreigners ourselves)
2. If they can't find something as big as Texas, they already have more problems than they can handle.
:D

Lock-n-Load
09-20-03, 06:08 PM
:marine:I'm with your views...."Deep in the Heart of TEXAS"....Yeeeeee-Haaaaaaw!! :marine:

Sixguns
09-20-03, 07:35 PM
Wow, free food and free beer. What Marine can turn down that offer??? I am glad to hear that another proud Marine has returned home safely and is able to be welcomed back in an appropriate fashion. My best wishes for his continued success and safety as his serves his country wearing the Eagle, Globe and Anchor.

SIXGUNS

VietVet'sWife
09-20-03, 10:49 PM
The party was great. He really looks good, considering what he's been thru anyway. I'm sure you all know what it's like. As for me, I'm glad I don't. He had a chance to talk to NEWB, so I'm sure he unloaded a little bit. I'm sure there's more talking to be done. this young man whom we have all been praying for is very thankful to all of the folks @ leatherneck. As I am, also. he means alot to me. hell, I was his first crush.....so you know I've been around him for a long time. Thanks to all of you and to everyone else that prayed for his safe return.

NEWB
09-20-03, 11:57 PM
:marine: Just thought I'de show you all a picture of the Marine we are so proud of.

firstsgtmike
09-21-03, 01:53 AM
On this thread, there are 14 posts, blah blah, and blah blah, and blah blah.

May I be the first to Welcome you home, Marine? Welcome to the brotherhood. Welcome to the Band of Blood-Brothers. Welcome to my Marine Corps, brother.

Too many discover what their rewards are, and the obligations due, which they recognize many years later, when it is too late.

Semper Fi, now and forever.

JChristin
09-21-03, 02:01 AM
Welcome home.

Got that "Marine" look in those eyes. Good to meet another one of my brothers.

Sounds like there are a few people proud of this Marine! OOOHRAH!

semper fi,
jchristin:banana:

yellowwing
09-21-03, 06:54 AM
Ooohh I know that look! Base SgtMaj gave me that same look when I stepped on my own crank. (I had it coming)

Welcome back Cpl Smith!