PDA

View Full Version : Re-Enlistment Question

Rains
07-17-10, 11:34 PM
Good evening Marines, I have a question about Re-enlisting after being discharged... <br />
I was discharged about 2 months ago for, to my shame, Other Than Honorable cercumstances, and I was givin a RE-4B...

Quinbo
07-17-10, 11:58 PM
What the heck did you do rains? RE4 is ineligable to re-enlist. You would have to petition the navel board of corrections to have the re code changed before you can even try. You show an RE4 to a recruiter you might as well bring in a basket full of rattlesnakes.

Rains
07-18-10, 12:33 AM
What the heck did you do rains? RE4 is ineligable to re-enlist. You would have to petition the navel board of corrections to have the re code changed before you can even try. You show an RE4 to a recruiter you might as well bring in a basket full of rattlesnakes.

I got a little to drunk one night, messed with stuff I shouldnt have, and ended up popping on a **** test a few weeks later.

How would I go about petitioning the naval board of corrections?

josephd
07-18-10, 04:41 AM
IMO....I don't care if you were drinking/drunk or not....you should know better as a Marine to either not get that drunk or not hang out with others that will put you in that situation. We all make mistakes, I understand this but this could have been avoided in many different ways. I wouldn't want you back in my Corps.

hbharrison
07-18-10, 05:31 AM

I would say more like a truck load of rattlesnakes and what josephd said I would have real big problem with you being back in the Corps would you do it again just myself Marine you screwed the pooch big time RE4 is not going away very easy.

egbutler1
07-18-10, 06:47 AM
I knew you as a poolee wtf man? Well with that RE code you f ucked. No military board will over turn that one especially for drugs. An RE-4 anything means the military said you ****ed up we don't want your ass anymore. Find a new career brother cause this one isn't for you.

hbharrison
07-18-10, 07:06 AM
You may wish to consider one other thing that RE4 will not gain you any friends when it comes to jobs in the civilain sector either when they ask for your DD214 and see it.

Wyoming
07-18-10, 08:33 AM
I got a little to drunk one night, messed with stuff I shouldnt have, and ended up popping on a **** test a few weeks later.
You were a damm fine and gungho poolee. Knew all the answers. Seems like you were too smart for your own britches this time. Like it has been said, you ain't getting back in, as you, YOU, screwed the pooch.

NOW, when you go home to Alaska, and see all your friends and family, they will be oh so proud of you. They are going to remember that young, fresh faced kid. What are you going to tell them? Will the Prom Queen fall all over herself to date you?

There was a time, don't know if it is still around or not, but an OTHD precluded folks from a lot of open doors, that were then slammed shut.

Wear your mantle with pride. You earned it. Jeez, I can't imagine anything much worse than an 18yo with a RE-4B Re-entry code.

You did the seabag drag. You ain't getting back into the Marines.

Why, Rains, why?

Rains
07-18-10, 09:41 AM
Thank you for the answers Gentlemen.
I realize I fkd up big time, and I regret it to no end, I love the Marine Corps.
Thank you all for the help you gave me when I was still a Poolee, all that info i got off this site helped me out big time, but looks like its over for good now.

echo3oscar1833
07-18-10, 09:56 AM
The chance of getting an RE-4 overturned is slim to none. I have a RE-3P for a Physical Disabilty after two years of service. I once tried getting in changed, by providing medical evidence that the...

doc h fmf
07-18-10, 10:03 AM
Damn Son!!! You Really Screwed Your Life Up Didnt You!!! Well Good Luck Brother,

usmc3521
07-18-10, 10:21 AM
if you loved the Marine Corps you wouldnt have done what you did. I can tell you that you will NEVER get your re code or dischare upgraded. GAME OVER <br />
<br />
The only thing you can try is to join the...

FoxtrotOscar
07-18-10, 12:55 PM
Bad advice... that is nothing more than asking for more trouble on top of an RE-4.. <br />
<br />
You earned the title &quot;Marine&quot;, that you can be proud of.. other's have said move on and build a new life.. I...

hbharrison
07-18-10, 01:38 PM
Foxtrotoscar is correct if you try and enlist in the Guard they are going to ask you if you have prior military and if you say no and they find out you have you have just made the second bigest mess up of your life you are a Marine now get off your duff and go out and find a good job and move on with your life.

echo3oscar1833
07-18-10, 02:20 PM
Man thats bad advice, and to be honest I'm a little surprised to hear you giving advice like that Motox. Thats called fraudulent enlistment, and is a crime. Thats some of the worst advice I have ever...

Rains
07-18-10, 04:24 PM
I had considered doing that before he mentioned it, but I realized if I got caught id be in even deeper sht, it just isnt worth it.

usmc3521
07-18-10, 04:49 PM
yes and no its bad advice. You have to know how to play the system. I know FIRST hand how in depth the security checks are and what kind of backgrounds they can pull and what it shows. It pays to...

PaidinBlood
07-18-10, 10:18 PM
motox: Just curious-honestly-but how did you go about getting the 0331 MOS? I'm sure it can be done, but I'm sure there are plenty here who would be interested in doing something similar....

DocGreek
07-18-10, 10:37 PM
WELL.........GO ARMY!!.....The army will probably make you a 2nd Lt. and make you a Company Commander!!.....

DrZ
07-19-10, 07:26 AM
Rains,
It really boils down to this. You bought and paid for the RE4 code by your actions. Don't screw up even more now by adding fraud to the list. You earned the title US Marine. Be proud of that fact and live your life. Hold your head high and do what Marines have been doing since we were founded. Focus on taking care of business but this time in the civilian world. Find a job, be a productive citizen, and keep your nose clean.

Wyoming
07-19-10, 09:30 AM
Rains, yes you earned the title, BUT, can you proudly stand in your red USMC cap at a parade and say, I am a Marine, but got an OTH after only a few months in?

Someone that really didn't even have a BD, as they were in for such a short period of time?

I hope other pooless and wannabees read this. As I recall, you were one of the whiners that would come on here and ask asinine questions, looking for the answers you wanted, and if you did not get them, you would ***** and moan, to the point of major complaining.

Why you even said that Marines should not be in the wading pool. So they were booted.

THEN, you and the young shower shoe padawans had no one to really get the straight scoop from.

YES, there were hard times given on this site, but I daresay it was a lot less than the hard times you received in boot camp.

You were 18. Illegal and underage to drink. You were smart, wanted to join in with the big boys and show them you were now a man and could handle your life. You popped hot on a whiz quiz.

Did the Marines that were giving you so much **** teach you that, or did you learn it on your own.

Sorry Rains, but as far as I am concerned, you don't deserve to wear the EGA.

Rains
07-19-10, 10:05 AM
Rains, yes you earned the title, BUT, can you proudly stand in your red USMC cap at a parade and say, I am a Marine, but got an OTH after only a few months in?

Someone that really didn't even have a BD, as they were in for such a short period of time?

I hope other pooless and wannabees read this. As I recall, you were one of the whiners that would come on here and ask asinine questions, looking for the answers you wanted, and if you did not get them, you would ***** and moan, to the point of major complaining.

Why you even said that Marines should not be in the wading pool. So they were booted.

THEN, you and the young shower shoe padawans had no one to really get the straight scoop from.

YES, there were hard times given on this site, but I daresay it was a lot less than the hard times you received in boot camp.

You were 18. Illegal and underage to drink. You were smart, wanted to join in with the big boys and show them you were now a man and could handle your life. You popped hot on a whiz quiz.

Did the Marines that were giving you so much **** teach you that, or did you learn it on your own.

Sorry Rains, but as far as I am concerned, you don't deserve to wear the EGA.

No, you are right, I cannot proudly say I am a Marine, infact I dont even tell people I was a Marine unless they ask me about it.
As for being one of the "whiners".... with all due respect you are mistaken, I have always taken the sht thats thrown at me an not complained.

Wyoming
07-19-10, 10:13 AM
No, you are right, I cannot proudly say I am a Marine, infact I dont even tell people I was a Marine unless they ask me about it.
As for being one of the "whiners".... with all due respect you are mistaken, I have always taken the sht thats thrown at me an not complained.

First, why would anyone even ask, you, an 18yo, if you were in the Marines? Where would they get that idea?

Second, since you chose to not like the comment I made, re; 'whiner', I will let others with better memories answer.

fishcraze
07-20-10, 05:49 AM
I've been out of the Corps for 7-8 years. I havent once been asked to provide a DD-214 at the point of hiring. I always had a copy available. They would pick it up, look at it for 2 seconds and hand it back. I've had the benefit of having a few civilian years under my belt now. My advice, go to school or get a job (or both). Youre at a crucial point in your life. Ive seen too many 18-21 yr olds lately with no purpose in their lives.

usmchauer
07-20-10, 07:57 AM
Rains, our lot in life isn't determined by one mistake we've made. They ARE shaped by how we recover and press on afterwards. I think most people have a moment in their lives where they stop and say "HOLY **** WHAT HAVE I DONE?!" People fvck up, plain and simple. Take your lumps, be a man and get on with your life. There is life after the Marine Corps. You are a Marine, and no one can take that from you. Good luck.

Vandrel
07-20-10, 09:26 AM
I've been out of the Corps for 7-8 years. I havent once been asked to provide a DD-214 at the point of hiring. I always had a copy available. They would pick it up, look at it for 2 seconds and hand it back. I've had the benefit of having a few civilian years under my belt now. My advice, go to school or get a job (or both). Youre at a crucial point in your life. Ive seen too many 18-21 yr olds lately with no purpose in their lives.

Best advice here

Most employers won't ever ask if you were in the military due to your age. Get a job, go to school or both as mentioned. I suggest get a job and get some employment under your belt so next time you drop a resume or apply for a job there won't be much of a gap to ask about military service

Phantom Blooper
07-20-10, 08:38 PM
Rains, <br />
<br />
You were a motivated poolee....aggravating...but motivated. <br />
<br />
I can understand the alcohol....but failing on the whizz test is a little hard to fathom. <br />
<br />
You can try this URL and follow...

USNAviator
07-20-10, 09:08 PM
Rains

You've received some good advice. Take it and square your shoulders and dig deep inside to find what I think you have lost, the fire you once had to be part of the Corps.

Life isn't a sprint it's a marathon. It's not how you start off but how you finish. Get as much education as you can, stay away from bad influences of all types

Best of luck to you

Rains
07-20-10, 10:07 PM
Thank you and aye aye staff sergeant.

Rains
07-20-10, 10:10 PM
Rains

You've received some good advice. Take it and square your shoulders and dig deep inside to find what I think you have lost, the fire you once had to be part of the Corps.

Life isn't a sprint it's a marathon. It's not how you start off but how you finish. Get as much education as you can, stay away from bad influences of all types

Best of luck to you

I am trying to get into the culinary institute of america right now, I have no plans on letting this ruin my future, as for my fire to be part of the Corps, I still have that motivation,,, very much so.

Again, thank you for all the mentoring Gentlemen.

Goodenough89
07-23-10, 11:49 AM
Thank you for the answers Gentlemen.
I realize I fkd up big time, and I regret it to no end, I love the Marine Corps.
Thank you all for the help you gave me when I was still a Poolee, all that info i got off this site helped me out big time, but looks like its over for good now.

Look yes I'll admit what he did was wrong, however what else have some of you marines done that you KNOW YOU SHOULD HAVE BEEN BURNED for? You can't sit there and tell me nothing. I got NJP'd a year and 3 months before my EAS. I'm currently a PFC with 3.5 years time in grade and trying to re-enlist. I got NJP'd for being UA for 5 hours while I was still on leave. I was set to return on a Saturday. My TAD command changed my return date to that Friday and No one called me until 1700 Friday evening. The CO stated that it was my responsibility to check my MOL for changes. So I put in my re-enlistment package 2 weeks before they were accepting packages(so July 1st 2010) and my package is still sitting on the Sgt Maj's desk So for about a month it's ben sitting there for no reason. I pick up LCPL again next month, but someone said they were waiting for me to pick up LCPL. However, there are no maradmins nor orders on whether a PFC can not re-enlist. So I'm up in the air as well.

spotts
07-23-10, 12:06 PM
If you are a PFC then why does your avatar show you as a Corporal?

terran1996
07-23-10, 12:17 PM
I find it hard to believe that you were busted from Cpl to Pfc just for being 5hrs late. Something more going on here.

PaidinBlood
07-23-10, 06:39 PM
I find it hard to believe that you were busted from Cpl to Pfc just for being 5hrs late. Something more going on here.

Ditto. I'm dying to hear the explanation once those extra crossed rifles and chevron disappear :thumbdown

Phantom Blooper
07-23-10, 06:59 PM
Punishments at a Battalion Level NJP are limited to the below, but they can be used against you by your command in the Administrative Separation process afterwords or later on if you continue to get in trouble to show a pattern of misconduct.

BN Level NJP Punishments:

Forfeiture of 1/2 pay for up to 2 months.
EPD and Restriction for up to 45 days or 60 days Restriction.
Loss of one rank (Sergeant/E-5 below).
And if available at some bases Correctional Custody for 14 days.

Hard to believe you were given a court martial for five hours UA...and this is as much as can be taken away without a court martial.

I agree with the Sgt.....something else is in the wire.:evilgrin:

egbutler1
07-23-10, 07:43 PM
The Corps is tightening down on everything now since there are waiting lists and stuff to get in. Granted Cpl to PFC never heard of it for something like that.