PDA

View Full Version : Does bad vision DQ you from jobs?

CharlyMurphy
07-17-10, 10:13 PM
My vision is pretty bad, but the MOS im interested in requires 20/20 vision, but i wear contacts right now. Even if i wear glasses/contacts which makes my vision 20/20 would i still be able to enlist for that MOS? Im interested in aviation by the way.

Alot of Military Personnel tell me to get laser eye surgery before I join but im 18 and i heard that its not a good idea to get it before your 21?

Lisa 23
07-18-10, 07:27 AM
Do a search on the site as this has been covered many times before....and ask your recruiter also.

echo3oscar1833
07-18-10, 10:10 AM
Yes, if you can't see you can't shoot, drive, read a map, etc, etc. However you will get a eye exam the Docs will determine if your sight can be adjusted with glasses, or your a permanetly DQ'd. Good luck

supermanlives22
07-20-10, 04:46 AM
read the the quals carfully if it says you need 20/20 or curectible up to 20/20 then your good usaly it does not matter as long as your vision with glasses are 2020 you should be good dont worry about the above posts i like answearing questions even if they have been asked twice. but read the job quals and get back to me wearing glasses should not dq you now color blind will lol i got a good story for that since im color blind

CharlyMurphy
07-20-10, 03:45 PM
Thanks for the help Marines, and supermanlives thanks for clearing that up. I did see the vision correctable to 20/20 for job descriptions but i usually see people not getting the JOB because of their vision even if they do wear glasses.

gunnyE7
07-21-10, 02:24 AM
As long as your vision is correctable to 20/20 you should be fine. Laser eye surgery can also disqualify you so be careful.