PDA

View Full Version : A Dilemma

Deadstock
07-16-10, 07:33 PM
First of i like to say thank you for all the man and woman here that Have served our country that is currently active or retired because of you we can continue knowing that our country has a future.

Ever since i spoke to my friends dad a former marine whit 16 years of service i knew that the Marines where right for me there self reliant never give up attitude was what i knew i had and what they could bring out from me.
When i was 17 i had to move and never was able to finish my last year in high school just short 6 credits for graduation i started working and keep saying to myself ill get those credits later ill just do it later well 3 years pass and now i am 20 years old but i still want to earn the privilege to serve my country and be one of the few and the proud can someone please give me some advice on an online school or program i don't want my g.e.d since i am so close to a diploma and tier 1 candidates have the best opportunity to enlist

If this helps i live in Texas and have taken several online asvab test and have never received a score lower then 72 and can speak and read 4 languages thanks for any help.

Zulu 36
07-16-10, 07:45 PM
If this helps i live in Texas and have taken several online asvab test and have never received a score lower then 72 and can speak and read 4 languages thanks for any help.

English, evidently, not being among them.

Read rules/stickies and note the part that requires a completed profile, and the part that requires proper grammar and spelling.

Marine84
07-16-10, 07:47 PM
LISA!!!! AAAAAAAAAtack!

Deadstock
07-16-10, 07:58 PM
English, evidently, not being among them.

Read rules/stickies and note the part that requires a completed profile, and the part that requires proper grammar and spelling.

I sign to this site and decided to post a question im sorry for not reading all the rules & and stickies i was just wondering if anybody knew of an online school where could get 6 credits to earn my diploma since im currently working and have no time to enroll in a school even if it is only temporary

Lisa 23
07-16-10, 08:18 PM
Jack, how about filling out ALL of your profile so the Marines who are going to answer your questions, know who they are talking to.....and as Zulu stated, read the site rules in the poolee and Ask A marine forums also.
Proper sentence structure goes a long way here, try using some.....capital letters at beginning of sentences, punctuation marks were needed and periods at end of sentences.

No profile, no answers.....so once you fill out ALL of your profile, a Marine may come along and help you with your questions.

firedog974
07-16-10, 08:22 PM
What languages?

Deadstock
07-16-10, 08:58 PM
Profile has been updated and the languages are English,Spanish,Italian,trying to learn basic Japanese though.

Phantom Blooper
07-16-10, 09:01 PM
You need to speak to a recruiter...face to face.

On line schools are not accredited to get your GED.

I have found from past experiences and mistakes....if I wanted something bad enough....I would make it happen.

If your on the computer...you have time enough to go to school for a few hours get your GED and credits and fulfill your dream.

When your up to your ass in alligators,its difficult to remind yourself that your initial objective was to drain the swamp!

:evilgrin:

Deadstock
07-16-10, 09:14 PM
I will make an appointment to speak to a recruiter i rather get my diploma instead of my G.e.d to increase my chances to get excepted but my goal is to leave by October so if a G.e.d is what i need then it is what i will get thank you.