PDA

View Full Version : Going To Bootcamp Monday 9/22/03!!!

OUTLAW
09-18-03, 08:48 PM
WHAT'S UP ALL U MARINES AND POOLEE'S OUT THERE...GOOD NEWS I GET TO LEAVE 2 MONTHS EARLY...MY ORIGINAL SHIP DATE WAS NOVEMBER 24,2003..BUT A SPOT OPENED UP SO I LEAVE MONDAY(9/22/03) IM SO FREAKIN EXCITED TO START MY JOURNEY ON BECOMING A MARINE...ANY LAST MINUTE ADVICE U MARINES CAN GIVE ME WILL BE GREATLY APPRECIATED...OH IM GOIN TO MCRD SAN DIEGO...YUP IM GONNA BE A HOLLYWOOD MARINE...SEMPER FI!!!:banana: :banana:

Seeley
09-18-03, 08:54 PM
OUTLAW,

Get out there and kick some ass :). Good luck with boot and never give up! We'll be here when you get back and want to hear EVERYTHING! Keep notes or something while you are there when you write letters so you can share them later here :). Other than that, relax, relax, relax. Get some if 'ya can because its gunna be a long long time lol.

Caesar Augustus
09-18-03, 08:58 PM
Hey congrats on gettin a new ship date. Cant wait to see you back here in the end of Dec. Then you can tell me what MCRDSD is like cuz I'll be leaving 20040107. Man I envy you lol. You'll make it and come back a Marine and a motivation for all of us poolees

JChristin
09-18-03, 10:31 PM
Well now, Hollywood Marine wanta be,

When you are first introduced to your Drill Instructors, stand at attention - you will be anyway - and tell them that "Sir, Private Recruit requests permission to deliver a message, Sir." Then give the Drill Instructor a kiss on the cheek, and state that its from a Woman Marine who said it would be okay for you to deliver this special message, that they would understsand. They will be very impressed!

semper fi,
jchristin

OUTLAW
09-18-03, 10:42 PM
HA HA LANCE CORPORAL...WHAT DO U THINK IM STUPID

Caesar Augustus
09-18-03, 10:52 PM
haha lol that would be funny. Tell us what happens when you do it OUTLAW My uncle who was in the Marines said that all good recruits tell their DI that they dont appreciate profanity and that they need to get their backs massaged and need their purple barney blankie to keep warm. He said they will make sure your "taken care of":D

Sparrowhawk
09-18-03, 11:12 PM
your full name and address where you are going to be, so that we can show our support for you by sending you some pokey bait as well as some cookies and other nice things, to help you get through boot camp...

LOL

the best advice is to keep your mouth shut, listen and do everything you are told to do......

Lake0300
09-19-03, 12:11 PM
Dont forget your pillow :P

Osotogary
09-19-03, 02:59 PM
I believe that this time of year is the breeding time for the Great White Shark along the California Coastline. Don't get in over your head.
Seriously, OUTLAW, I wish you the very best. Take care. The longest journeys always start with the first step. Good luck.
Gary (osotogary)

jonh1972
09-19-03, 03:20 PM
Good Luck, and make like a duck!

OUTLAW
09-20-03, 09:54 PM
WELL I HAVE ONE MORE DAY TILL I SHIP TO MCRD SAN DIEGO...THANX FOR ALL UR REPLY'S...DEVIL DOGS ANY LAST MINUTE ADVICE WILL BE APPRECIATED...SEMPER FI!!!

Caesar Augustus
09-20-03, 10:20 PM
Have a great time :) Come back a Marine and give me some pointers as to how to survive boot camp!You'll do great and you'll come back a changed person

JChristin
09-21-03, 01:56 AM
Outlaw,

don't forget my earlier advise.

serious:

do exactly what you are told. remember, its a lot of "head" games. keep your eyes on the prize, the title: United States Marine.

Sleep now bud, because it will become something you long for - very soon. Clip those nails, soak in the tub, eat a few sweets - you won't see those anytime too soon, and sleep.

You can take anything just one moment at a time. don't stop. don't give up. whatever happens, come on back and share with us.

private email me and I'll send you my address. I'll send you letters of support.

don't forget, give the DI's a big sloppy kiss from me.

semper fi,
jchristin

usmc_peters2002
09-21-03, 02:40 AM
Like lance corporal christin said, it's a lot of mind games. But, the drill instructors love to hear recruits hurt and in pain. Remember what doesn't kill you only makes you stronger. Drink a LOT OF WATER!!!! DO NOT GET DEHYDRATED. And be a leader, even when your wrong be a leader. Don't give up at all. Thats the drill instructors ultimate goal is to get you through boot camp but to see how much you can tak along the way. Good luck and semper fi. I won't call you a private because you haven't earned it yet. When you come back i'll call you private... Again good luck and semper fi. oorrraaahhh

OUTLAW
09-21-03, 03:23 PM
THANX DEVIL DOGS AND POOLEE'S WHO GAVE ME ADVICE...I WILL USE IT ON THE DEPOT...IT'S ABOUT 1320 HUNDRED HOURS RIGHT NOW...SO IM ABOUT TO GO SEE A COUPLE OF PEEPS REAL QUICK THAN IM COMIN HOME AND SLEEPING ALL DAY....
I'LL BE SURE TO REPORT BACK IN LEATHERNECK.COM AS A MARINE IN LATE DECEMBER...SEMPER FI AND OORAHHH!!!
:banana: