PDA

View Full Version : For female Marines

Cellerbe
07-16-10, 03:03 PM
Good Afternoon ladies, I just wanted to know how are females allowed to have they hair in boot camp. Can they put braids in them because you would still be able to put it into a bun

Lisa 23
07-16-10, 03:59 PM
You can have your hair in braids and then up in a bun, but you're really not going to have enough time to put your hair in braids, so you'll just have to settle for putting your hair up in a bun.

SGT7477
07-16-10, 04:45 PM
I'm glad we never had that problem, no bad hair day for us,lol,Semper Fidelis.

Joyce
07-16-10, 05:09 PM
One girl tried in boot camp to keep her hair.... She lasted all of 2 weeks. She ended up cutting it like the rest of us. Even though she tried, it would fall out and become messy by the end of the day. She got in trouble for her hair looking bad even though it was "up". You take your covers off and on so much that it just is better to concentrate on other stuff than that.

Wyoming
07-16-10, 05:55 PM
All you wannabee 4th Bn'ers, that wanna keep their hair, why not get those cotton row thingies and not wash it for 3 months.

Zulu 36
07-16-10, 06:23 PM
I suggested to my oldest daughter that she should cut her hair short before going to Air Force basic training. She did. When she came home, she said it was the smartest thing she could have done because of all the time saved.

That was Air Force basic, imagine the time crush in Marine boot camp.

Marine84
07-16-10, 07:40 PM
I cut mine before I went. I didn't want to have to deal with that on top of everything else. It's hair, it grows back.