PDA

View Full Version : Marriage during boot camp?

JakeJeffries
07-15-10, 09:49 PM
Hello Marines,

Me and my wife have been discussing this and we would like to hold our wedding at MCRD Parris Island. I know, it sounds crazy, but were both committed.

We would use the Island's chaplain, but I'm not too sure when it would be appropriate to hold the actual wedding. After graduation would be good, but I would like to have it before graduation so all of my fellow recruits will be there.

What'd you Marines think? Has it been done before?

SGT LEPRECHAUN NOTE! THIS WAS A TROLL QUESTION. I HAVE LEFT IT UP FOR HUMOR VALUE ONLY. SAID TROLL AND HIS BUDDY (PRIVATE PYLE) HAVE BOTH BEEN EXTRACTED VIA BLACK HELICOPTER AND THE LEPRECHAUN MINIONS, TO TOIL IN THE SHAMROCK MINES FOR ALL ETERNITY.

ENJOY THE STUPIDITY BUT DON'T TAKE IT SERIOUSLY. THIS ONE WILL BE LEFT UP FOR AWHILE.

THIS NOTICE POSTED SO IT WON'T BE TAKEN SERIOUSLY.

Komenko
07-15-10, 09:54 PM
Hello Marines,

Me and my wife have been discussing this and we would like to hold our wedding at MCRD Parris Island. I know, it sounds crazy, but were both committed.

We would use the Island's chaplain, but I'm not too sure when it would be appropriate to hold the actual wedding. After graduation would be good, but I would like to have it before graduation so all of my fellow recruits will be there.

What'd you Marines think? Has it been done before?

it will never happen. training and admin comes first. also if you use the chaplin you will need to go to marrage counseling classes! so there will be no way to get all that done before you graduate or before you report to SOI/MCT!

PrivatePyle89
07-15-10, 09:56 PM
You know what, I was actually going to bring this up to a DI but was too scared. Me and my Fiancé wanted to do it during grass week so she could get some shooting time in.

JakeJeffries
07-15-10, 09:59 PM
Look at me, calling my girlfriend wife already!

Thanks private for the words of encouragement. I'll bring it up with the DI's there.

TunTvrnWarrior
07-15-10, 10:02 PM
Dont bring it up to your Drill Instructors. Unless you want your life to be a living hell. Get married in your dress blues when you are home on leave. Start the marriage counseling now before you go to boot camp.

Komenko
07-15-10, 10:02 PM
Look at me, calling my girlfriend wife already!

Thanks private for the words of encouragement. I'll bring it up with the DI's there.

I foresee many times into the PIT for you young padawan! :evilgrin:

RPSmith
07-15-10, 10:07 PM
This is funny. The trolls are getting good.

PrivatePyle89 could have done a better job picking out a fake pic though. Nice PFC chevrons there, Private.

PrivatePyle89
07-15-10, 10:12 PM
I was court martialed. Leave me alone.

Back to topic. Its possible.

You got your chaplain. Recruits to fill out bodies. DI's would plan the wedding, and 4th Recruiting Training Bn could cater sandwiches.

Vandrel
07-15-10, 10:14 PM
I foresee many times into the PIT for you young padawan! :evilgrin:

this

RPSmith
07-15-10, 10:26 PM
I was court martialed. Leave me alone.

Back to topic. Its possible.

You got your chaplain. Recruits to fill out bodies. DI's would plan the wedding, and 4th Recruiting Training Bn could cater sandwiches.

This might have actually fooled people had you not planned it on another public forum.

I gotta give you guys credit, you got pretty creative with this one. Better luck next time!

TunTvrnWarrior
07-15-10, 10:27 PM
I foresee many times into the PIT for you young padawan! :evilgrin: Listen to Komenko. I see lots of pain in your future if you dont listen to him.

Sgt Leprechaun
07-15-10, 10:42 PM
Private Pyle, we hardly knew ye...alas, the Leprechaun minions have decided you rate a free ride in a black helicopter.

"Congratulations, you made it".

Stupid but cute nonetheless. Must be a slow night on the TL side.

marharri
07-16-10, 03:05 AM
wait guys, i have a better idea. get 4 male SDIs to be groomsmans and 4 female SDIs for the bridesmaids. the commandant will preside, and chesty puller himself will float down to bless the union. honestly i could see a wedding during boot camp in the air force or maybe the army, but during MC training? grass week? this isn't a f'n yankees baseball game. some of these posts make me wish i got to be DI for a day.

Sgt Leprechaun
07-16-10, 03:21 AM
It was one of our friendly trolls just being stupid. NOT for real. I left it open and undeleted for the 'goofiness' factor and to show that we do, at times, have a sense of humor.

The trolls, however, were extracted.

IVIanOnTheIVIov
07-16-10, 01:39 PM
You're an ASVAB waiver... aren't you Jake? You can tell me, it's ok.

rktect3j
07-17-10, 11:10 AM
Wtf.

edit:Ahh, now I see. Sorry I even posted.