PDA

View Full Version : Does the Marines check your highschool record?

CharlyMurphy
07-15-10, 08:37 PM
Hello Marines, i was talking with my recruiter today in a meeting and he said that my police record has no charges and im good to go. But in high school (11th grade) i was caught with some pills that...

Komenko
07-15-10, 08:39 PM
don't worry about it. As long as its not on a police record you should be fine!

Sgt Leprechaun
07-15-10, 08:40 PM
As long as it wasn't reported to the PD, and you weren't charged, you'll be ok, as far as enlisting goes.

DrZ
07-15-10, 08:53 PM
Glad you cleaned up your act. The Marines do MORE than frown on controlled substances. Keep your nose clean, work hard, and you will do well.

firedog974
07-15-10, 08:55 PM
Good on ya for cleanin up your act. I have to ask.....
Are you Rick James?

firedog974
07-15-10, 08:58 PM
http://www.pp2g.tv/vZnB6YnQ_.aspx
I just ask because of the screen name....

CharlyMurphy
07-15-10, 09:03 PM
Thanks for the replies Marines definitely settled down my nerves. If it did effect my chance at joining i would probably tell my recruiter about it but i think ill just keep my mouth shut about it then.

And to answer your question firedog I am not Rick James.. i am Eddie Murphy's brother haha, But hes my favorite comedian off of the Chapelle Show which is my favorite show of all time glad someone caught on to it.

Thanks again Marines I wont let you down.

firedog974
07-15-10, 09:09 PM
Thanks for the replies Marines definitely settled down my nerves. If it did effect my chance at joining i would probably tell my recruiter about it but i think ill just keep my mouth shut about it then.

And to answer your question firedog I am not Rick James.. i am Eddie Murphy's brother haha, But hes my favorite comedian off of the Chapelle Show which is my favorite show of all time glad someone caught on to it.

Thanks again Marines I wont let you down.

That was one of my favorite shows as well. Too bad Chapelle went off the deep end and just left the show. It was funny as hell!

marharri
07-16-10, 03:18 AM
guys, i may be breaking the code here... but then again, i'm drinking and it's late. when you get to boot camp, a very nice person will come to your class and tell you that he knows what you did in high school. he also has access to not only your high school records, but that he has a special "FBI computer account." he already knows all this **** and it's your LAST CHANCE to tell him about it, because he knows anyways. AND he may be right! but not really. Honeslty, from what I understand, and I AM ADMIN... you can then tell him that you used to do cocaine, but are free from it's evil grasp now. he will kindly notate it and believe it or not, YES! those documents are actually destroyed after enlistment. I say this because I've found them in SRBs during audits and it really does say "destroy after recruit training." I've only seen a couple, but they get shredded nonetheless. my opinion is, tell them if it makes you feel better. it won't hurt or help you. DON'T tell the recruiter. admit it later in boot camp to the dude if you want, but it really doesn't matter. if it's not on your record, noone cares but you. the only one that will ever know is your SDI and i promise they don't care either. they will just be glad you have done the right thing by joining and they will feel better knowing they have kept you clean. just don't do any stupid **** afterwards.

Sgt Leprechaun
07-16-10, 03:39 AM
IF I wasn't arrested/charged by any local LEO's, or been to court, then it's between ME and, well, ME. <br />
<br />
Our drunken master likely speaks the truth. <br />
<br />
You write better than I do, intox, Cpl....

supermanlives22
07-16-10, 08:39 AM
very big question are you doing the paperwork for a secret clearance of a top secret one if its secret your fine if its top they ask your school techers questions they may or may not say anything but that aspect is still possible for me they went to my high school and asked about me. good luck