PDA

View Full Version : Question Pertaining to Crucible and Dress Blues....

DevilDogsSon269
07-15-10, 05:39 PM
So Ive been having a debate about the Crucible with a nonDEP kid. If you fail the Crucible will you be recycled or are you sent home?

Also, Dress blues now being issued to all Marines. You get the cost of them deducted from what you would earn in recruit training dont you? And About how much do you make upon coming out of recruit training?

I just need a reliable source of info or reference as the person I am talking to is a Know it all as if he served. I grew up around the Marines and am as you can see in the pool, but I still have barely touched the surface of the knowledge of what Im geting into. Thank you Marines.

josephd
07-15-10, 05:49 PM
1) don't worry about failing it...if you get yourself that far in boot camp you can finish the crucible. IF someone does fail/can't finish they are recycled back to the next company that next week or however far behind the next company is

2) yes, the cost of your uniforms automatically gets deducted from your pay while at boot camp. You should come out of boot camp with around $2000 give or take a few $$

gonzo4
07-15-10, 05:51 PM
If you fail you will get dropped to a point before the Crucible. It is pretty hard to fail unless you completely give up. I did mine in winter with rain and it was pretty damn cold but we all made it. And by that point in boot camp you can practically feel that title of Marine. So unless you get hurt before the hike back you have nothing to worry about.

Yes you do get dress blues issued now and it is taken out of your pay. As far as much you will have depends on what you go in as and if you get dropped how much you spend in the recruit PX etc.

firedog974
07-15-10, 06:08 PM
1) don't worry about failing it...if you get yourself that far in boot camp you can finish the crucible. IF someone does fail/can't finish they are recycled back to the next company that next week or however far behind the next company is

2) yes, the cost of your uniforms automatically gets deducted from your pay while at boot camp. You should come out of boot camp with around $2000 give or take a few $$
:thumbup:
Amen. If you get that far, you will make it. You should be much more worried about the first month. That is what gets people.

Sgt Leprechaun
07-15-10, 08:36 PM
Kid, someone made a profile using your name. We have a troll problem I'm afraid. Must be a full moon. Restored this one to it's rightful place.

DevilDogsSon269
07-15-10, 09:41 PM
Wait what happened?

And Thanks Marines.

marharri
07-16-10, 02:58 AM
don't even worry about getting that far IMHO. you will learn quickly to live from chow to chow. everytime you get to eat, is a time that you have to remember you're still there. the first 3 days turns into the first week. by week 2 you won't even be thinking. instead you will be focused on the mission at hand. by mission, i mean the next 20 minutes. by the time it's the crucible, you'll already know you can do anything on god's green earth and won't be scared to try something on mars.

WXSgt
07-16-10, 10:23 AM
Wow when i left boot in 03 i had bout $2500 but i had to pay for my blues out of pocket because they didnt issue them to me back then. and i guess with all the nice uniforms their getting now its a little more expensive so you still leave with the same amount abouts.

SGT7477
07-16-10, 12:10 PM
Wow when i left boot in 03 i had bout $2500 but i had to pay for my blues out of pocket because they didnt issue them to me back then. and i guess with all the nice uniforms their getting now its a little more expensive so you still leave with the same amount abouts.
We were lucky to make that in a year.:D

DrZ
07-16-10, 12:28 PM

If you want a chuckle....

I left for boot in June of 69. When I got my W2 that year.... it showed that I made right around $700 for the entire 6 months I had served. I remember it so well because it was the FIRST time in my life that I really had any ca$h left over on the next payday.

How times change!

WXSgt
07-16-10, 12:45 PM
lol ya i know right i think i made like 458 a pay check back 03-04