PDA

View Full Version : Just a quick question.

bballbrad22
07-15-10, 03:49 PM
Hi, Marines! I was scheduled to leave for boot camp this Monday, July 19th. My recruiter just called and said I will be leaving the next day, Tuesday. I thought everyone leaves on Mondays, and follows the same schedule. How will this work? Will I be a day behind schedule? Thanks.

WXSgt
07-15-10, 04:17 PM
I went in on a Wed its just how they stack the arrivals into their platoons pay attention to your forming platoon that is who you will be spending your training with

bballbrad22
07-15-10, 04:32 PM
Thank you, Sergeant! That's just what I was looking for. I was hoping they didn't mess something up, but I should have known Marines know what they're doing :D. Thanks again!

WXSgt
07-15-10, 04:35 PM
I myself was supposed to ship on 21 July 03 but had an outstanding traffic ticket so wasnt allowed to so they delayed me to 23 July 03 so that i could pay it and all. I had joined on the Buddy program and the guy that was supposed to go with me went on time and got moved to my platoon with me lol

waitinferage21
07-23-10, 03:19 AM
Thats why they have a week designated for forming or whatever. it's the forming of the platoon. You don't meet your actual DI's til the second week.

DrZ
07-23-10, 07:23 AM
Thats why they have a week designated for forming or whatever. it's the forming of the platoon. You don't meet your actual DI's til the second week.

You don't meet your DI until the 2nd week???? Hell.... one of ours met us on the bus and started yelling. His yelling, as well as the other two DIs, didn't end until graduation.

Many things have changed.