PDA

View Full Version : Preparation

RileyTG
07-15-10, 11:34 AM
I am 17 and planning on enlisting after my senior year. I have already started PT and begun reading everything related to the Infantry I can get my hands on. I'm trying to be a guide or at least a squad leader in boot camp. To do this, i've been told that already being proficient at parts of boot camp is important in order to be a leader there. The only thing I'm really worried about is swimming and shooting. Does anybody have any advice on how to learn combat stroke (and become proficient at it) and how to improve my marksmanship. I would just go out and practice, but i don't want to build any bad habits. Are there shooting schools that will teach me the USMC way to shoot a rifle?

Thanks for any help
Riley

WXSgt
07-15-10, 12:08 PM
Wrong place this is for Marines only here you need to be posting in the ask a Marine section also fill out your profile.

RileyTG
07-15-10, 12:09 PM
Sorry, my bad.

WXSgt
07-15-10, 12:12 PM
No problem they can move it. for shooting they will teach you there DO NOT worry bout it. Some of the best shooters had never touched a rifle in their life. also swimming just stay calm and relax ive been up to CWS-2 it goes 4-3-2-1-Q so right up there most people stop at 4. and remember backstroke is your friend when you have alot of weight on you.

WXSgt
07-15-10, 12:22 PM
Mod please delete he reposted in correct area

Sgt Leprechaun
07-15-10, 08:23 PM
No profile, no answers. Closed