PDA

View Full Version : Question about liberty at SOI

Dustin Griffith
07-14-10, 11:55 AM
While at SOI will I get weekend liberty? If so when does it normally start? Friday? or Saturday? Are you allowed to go to Jacksonville and do stuff? See a movie? Hang with family?

Just curious because I have a weekend hobby and a place in Jacksonville has events for the hobby on friday nights and weekends. Would be a nice thing to do to when I have a chance.

Thanks in advance for any answers

Zulu 36
07-14-10, 12:47 PM
While at SOI will I get weekend liberty? If so when does it normally start? Friday? or Saturday? Are you allowed to go to Jacksonville and do stuff? See a movie? Hang with family?

Just curious because I have a weekend hobby and a place in Jacksonville has events for the hobby on friday nights and weekends. Would be a nice thing to do to when I have a chance.

Thanks in advance for any answers

You are ahead of yourself right now. Concentrate on boot camp. Liberty at SOI will take care of itself. Do not expect to have a lot of liberty time anyway.

SlingerDun
07-14-10, 01:03 PM
You are ahead of yourself right now. Concentrate on boot camp.Remember praying from DEP all the way up until a few days before graduation; if i can just make it through boot camp everything else must be a skate:marine:

Zulu 36
07-14-10, 01:24 PM
Remember praying from DEP all the way up until a few days before graduation; if i can just make it through boot camp everything else must be a skate:marine:

Everything else except the getting shot at part. :flag:

Capital M
07-14-10, 02:27 PM
Lol no libo for you. You get a few hours of on base the day before you graduate. Other than that it's 15-30min on sunday to use the phone

echo3oscar1833
07-14-10, 02:52 PM
Lol no libo for you. You get a few hours of on base the day before you graduate. Other than that it's 15-30min on sunday to use the phone

Thats odd that you would know that considering your not a 03, and I seem to recall getting more than just 15-30 minutes on Sunday at MCT. It was more like several hours, and we even got to go down to the beach and relax.

terran1996
07-14-10, 03:13 PM
(echo3oscar1833) Thats odd that you would know that considering your not a 03, and I seem to recall getting more than just 15-30 minutes on Sunday at MCT. It was more like several hours, and we even got to go down to the beach and relax.

I think Capital M is referring to Boot Camp graduation not SOI.

Quinbo
07-14-10, 03:24 PM
Fairly certain capitol M was referring to the amount of liberty given during course of training at SOI.

It's been long enough ago for me that I can't give a realistic answer.

terran1996
07-14-10, 03:35 PM
Fairly certain capitol M was referring to the amount of liberty given during course of training at SOI.

It's been long enough ago for me that I can't give a realistic answer.

It's possible but the 15-30 min on Sunday sounds pretty short for school liberty. I was never in SOI so I can't say for sure, just sounded like pre-graduation liberty.

Lisa 23
07-14-10, 04:58 PM
When my nephew was at SOI at Camp Geiger September of last year, they didn't get much liberty at all on Sundays when he was there.

terran1996
07-14-10, 05:05 PM
I stand corrected.

echo3oscar1833
07-14-10, 05:24 PM
(echo3oscar1833) Thats odd that you would know that considering your not a 03, and I seem to recall getting more than just 15-30 minutes on Sunday at MCT. It was more like several hours, and we even got to go down to the beach and relax.

I think Capital M is referring to Boot Camp graduation not SOI.

I dunno I took it that he ment SOI, maybe I was wrong. Times have sure changed I guess, I remember the SOI, and MCT guys all getting Sunday Libo when I was there

terran1996
07-14-10, 05:30 PM
I remember getting libo in MCT but I cant for the life of me remember when or how long.

Sgt Leprechaun
07-14-10, 05:48 PM
Me neither...I know we had something, but that's been forever ago.

Failuredrill
07-14-10, 05:53 PM
I remember getting weekend libo after the first week or two. You can go pretty much wherever (off base) as long as you are back Sunday morning. Liberty can get secured real easy if you have a bunch of turds in your class, so really as long as you guys aren't acting like fools you will get a decent amount. Hell I remember getting a hotel with a few buddies on friday nights and creeping out all the 'women' around oceanslime.

josephd
07-14-10, 06:04 PM
east coast MCT = no libo
west coast MCT = some weekend libo (usually Sat & Sun)
east coast and west coast ITB = weekend libo (usually Sat. & Sun. unless training schedule conflict)

Kegler300
07-14-10, 06:06 PM
SOI-E libo - Jacksonville? Hahahahahahahahahahahahahaha...

brian0351
07-15-10, 01:26 AM
As everyone said here you do get some Libo if your with ITB.

Most weekends you'll work until Saturday Morning-Afternoon and have to be back by Sunday at 1700. Every once and a while you will be able to get off on Friday around 1800-2200 and still have to be back on Sunday. However, this is all based on training requirements. If you failed any tests or just find yourself with a group of dirtbags, you will have to report Saturday and Sunday morning.

usmcrro
07-15-10, 11:43 AM
SOI covers ITB and MCT so you have to be specific:
ITB you get weekend libo given there are no conflicts with USMC training/duty.
MCT now offers weekend libo too since Sept 2007.
-Keep in mind instructors can restrict liberty if there is a disciplinary problems.