PDA

View Full Version : Whats the MOS that shoots the minigun out of a helo?

usmc92
07-14-10, 01:10 AM
Hello Marines, i just got interested in the Marines about a month ago and i talked to my recruiter a few days ago and he said to go take the ASVAB today. I didnt study but said what the heck ill try my best and if i dont do well ill take it again in a month.. i got a 55 on it and now im guessing i can go to MEPS and swear in for my Boot camp Date because my Recruiter said it was fine.

I asked him about the Minigun MOS, and he said im talking about Crew Chief. but i did some research on the MOS and it says that they operate the Helicopters and make sure its running smoothly. But i didnt see anything about them operating any Guns. I wanted to be a grunt on the ground , but figured hey i love flying, i love heights, i love shooting crap and my knees and back will probably thank me if i choose this MOS.

If anyone knows if their is like a MOS like this can anyone share this info? Thanks Marines, im looking at a ship date of June2011 my recruiter said if i join, cant wait to PT in 100 degree weather!

brian0351
07-14-10, 03:06 AM
Why are you doubting your recruiter? The MOS is Crew Chief. Yes, you are responsible for maintaining the aircraft on the ground and in flight. You also man a machine gun while in flight for security. This isn't Modern Warfare 2!

clansman5
07-14-10, 08:33 AM
Gotta love these kids and video games. They are growing up thinking war is just a game. What a shame.

supermanlives22
07-14-10, 08:56 AM
what its not a game it feels like it to me lol

supermanlives22
07-14-10, 09:31 AM
anyways yes crew chiefs man the gun

usmc92
07-14-10, 10:08 AM
Oh ok, thanks Marines. To answer your guys questions, No im not joining because of "video games" like your implying i was going to go grunt anyway in the first place because i always had a passion to serve my country like i always wanted and my family has always been in the military and i want to grow up in the Marines just like them.

I just love heights and Helicopters look like a awesome challenge and experience for me, so if you dont like how i worded my question and you think i play Video Games because i said minigun really whats the difference between saying that and infantry? Thanks for a couple Marines in this thread answering my question and to the other guys i really dont care what you think.

Zulu 36
07-14-10, 12:52 PM
Oh ok, thanks Marines. To answer your guys questions, No im not joining because of "video games" like your implying i was going to go grunt anyway in the first place because i always had a passion to serve my country like i always wanted and my family has always been in the military and i want to grow up in the Marines just like them.

I just love heights and Helicopters look like a awesome challenge and experience for me, so if you dont like how i worded my question and you think i play Video Games because i said minigun really whats the difference between saying that and infantry? Thanks for a couple Marines in this thread answering my question and to the other guys i really dont care what you think.

You'd better care what Marines think. You haven't made the club yet. With your attitude, you might not.

Just remember, being a Marine is a contact sport. If you can't take it here, you darned sure can't take it there.

Isrowei
07-14-10, 01:02 PM
This isn't Modern Warfare 2!

Well crap. I want my money back. Or the Government wants their money back. Someone wants their money back!

Can I get a coffee, black? It's going to be a rough day. Next you'll be telling me that Santa isn't real or the Easter Bunny doesn't lay chocolate eggs...

Lisa 23
07-14-10, 01:14 PM
Here you go, Sir...... http://s23.photobucket.com/albums/b399/Marcster2005/Smileypad/Drink/lotsocoffee.gif

Zulu 36
07-14-10, 01:21 PM
Well crap. I want my money back. Or the Government wants their money back. Someone wants their money back!

Can I get a coffee, black? It's going to be a rough day. Next you'll be telling me that Santa isn't real or the Easter Bunny doesn't lay chocolate eggs...

Well, the Easter Bunny does lay chocolate eggs of a kind, but you don't want to eat them. :sick:

Wyoming
07-14-10, 03:29 PM
Go Grunts so you can serve your country?

I suppose Air Crew doesn't serve their country?

Damm, you better visit with those Grunts that think differently.

Heights and helicopters is an oxymoron. You can't get high enough fast enough to out run the arrows the indians are shooting and you get get low enough to land safely, at times.

You might want to come back when your nuts drop and revisit your thinking.

... and since you don't care what those that don't agree with what YOU want or say, then flipping burgers is your destiny.

Quinbo
07-14-10, 04:01 PM
Mini gun

http://cdn3.ioffer.com/img/item/402/445/26/1M2.jpg

RPSmith
07-14-10, 04:04 PM
Well when you ask questions about "chopper gunners" and "miniguns", people are gonna assume you're one of those kids who compare video games to real life...

To answer your question...There is no MOS that just flies around in a helicopter and shoots a "minigun". As others have said, the MOS you're referring to is Crew Chief. Its their job to make sure the aircraft is in working order at all times. If you're interested in mechanical jobs, you'd probably enjoy this MOS...But if you're just looking to shoot stuff, its probably not for you.

Now lose the attitude.

Sgt Leprechaun
07-14-10, 05:45 PM
Annnd, this one ranks up there with 'stupid'.

Hey, numbnuts, READ THE RULES. 7 day extraction to study same. Next time, it's forever.