PDA

View Full Version : Operation Market Garden.

sparkie
07-13-10, 07:14 PM
No,,,,, This is not a WW2 critique, this is for gardeners. Us dumb azzes who try to pull some good stuff outta the green earth.
I have a question,,,,. I planted 287 hybred corn seeds which all germinated. {yea,,, I counted]. Now 5' up and tasseling,,,,,,, with NO ears. WTF. Damm desert. I am so out of answers for this place. I understand this is a dry seabed for which I believe I've been compensating best I can.
Grapes,,,, Thompsons seedless and red flame. 2 years in. The flames are producing....the Thompsons are growing well with no produce.
Apples good,,,plums, pears, nectarines, peaches,,,,bad.
Tomatoes produced till a week ago, and shut down,,,,,,,,Heat,,,,all heat, and bad soil.
107 today,,,,and 115 by the weekend. It is my lot. Zuchinni and hooknech squash are great,,,,,,,,.

Any Gardeners out there? I would love to hear your stories,,,,,,,meebe pictures,,,,,,,,:thumbup:

hbharrison
07-13-10, 07:33 PM
Sparkie try Gurney's Seed Co. been using them for years and have had no problems yet they have all kinds of growing supplies for the soil as well as seeds plants and they stand behind everything they sell good place to start. Thats where I get all my seeds quit buying them local never grew so switched to Gurney's

sparkie
07-13-10, 08:32 PM
Thanks, Butch,,,,,,, I've got a desert to contend with. It's a big challenge.

show me your sucesses,,,,,,,,,

clansman5
07-13-10, 08:50 PM
Sparkie, is it the hybred seeds that you use?

clansman5
07-13-10, 08:55 PM
also try this web site. I know they had some articles on desert gardening

http://www.survivalblog.com/selfsufficiency/gardening/

hbharrison
07-13-10, 09:19 PM
OK got to see what I can do have not had much luck posten pics but I give her a try.