PDA

View Full Version : Amount of Leave Able to Take

Potato Salad
07-12-10, 06:27 PM
Good Evening Marines.
A little about my self to help with the situation:
-PFC attending MOS school at the Navy Supply Corps School in Athens, GA. Graduate August 6.
-LCpl in October
-Future duty station is MCAS Miramar as a 6694 (http://usmilitary.about.com/od/enlistedjo2/a/6694.htm) (MALS 11)
-269 PFT, 255 bootcamp CFT, 294 range score

After I graduate from MOS school, I plan to take a week of leave to go to NYC and spend time with my family. However, my cousin is getting married on January 6, 2011 in India (in a stable, westernized region). If I take 7 days of leave, I should have about 15 days of leave by January 6, 2011.

What I was wondering was how much leave I'm allowed to take at a single time. I've heard from other Marines that I'm only allowed to take 10 days of leave at a time while in the fleet. If I can't take all my leave in January, I would use all of it (12 days) in August instead of just 7 days. However, If I am able to take all my leave in January, I would consider not taking the 7 days after MOS school and have about 22 days by January.

Thank you for your input. Any would be appreciated as soon as possible.

fpdesignco
07-12-10, 06:44 PM
Its Command Discrection, Its up to your future chain of command, good luck.

Potato Salad
07-12-10, 06:54 PM
Thank you Sgt. Do you know anyone in Miramar, more specifically MALS-11 or 16 who I could contact about this situation?

fpdesignco
07-12-10, 06:56 PM
You just spoke airwing to me, I dont speak airwing, trust me my brother tries.

Quinbo
07-12-10, 06:58 PM
It is gonna take you longer to get a passport than it will to stack up on leave. Trust me your command is gonna want to see a passport before they authorize leave to india. PFC's must be making the big bucks if you can afford a plane ticket to and from.

You can at command discression take up to 30 days of leave at a time. You're gonna have to ask them. They won't let you go in the hole except in emergency situations.

Potato Salad
07-12-10, 07:01 PM
@ fpdesignco:
The stupid part is that my MOS isn't even really airwing. We just help keep aviation supply going.
Do you atleast know anyone in 3rd MAW?

@Bulkyker:
I already have a U.S. passport and visa to India which will have 8 years left on it by January. My MOS school pays quite a bit for BAH since there's no chow hall here. I'll have plenty of money by December if I'm able to book my ticket.

fpdesignco
07-12-10, 07:16 PM
Good Luck, no I dont, you will have to talk to your command when you get there. Im going to go ahead and probally guess though that they are probally not going to give you the leave to go to india but then again they might, its like the lottery. You as he said need to have your passport in hand and some type of Anti Terrorism Awareness training before leaving (Pretty sure thats still mandatory), such as the MCI, or a brief by your S2 about the area your going to.

Good Luck

Potato Salad
07-12-10, 07:24 PM
What a coincidence! I also have the Terrorism Awareness for Marines MCI. I just need to take the test, which I plan on doing at Miramar. I have also been to that region of India several times. It's very tourist/Westerner oriented.

supermanlives22
07-13-10, 04:14 AM
this is what you will need a passport a plan like who what were when and why also you will need a brief from you s-2 or g-2 intel guys about the threat in the area. your leave will need a chit that will need to be signed by the CO also you your leave will need to be as detailed as much as possible. you may not have enough time you have to be in the unit and need at least 3 months to plan because your going out of country. i know this because i am s-2 and have done a few of these briefs

gwamo1
07-13-10, 09:23 AM
I've taken leave out of the country before.... I never received a brief. People always try to get retarted with some things, over complicate them. It's things like that that make life hard.

supermanlives22
07-13-10, 09:31 AM
some units have different policy's and its more for were you can go if you need help. and the reason is to cover the commands a$$

gwamo1
07-13-10, 09:51 AM
I know but sometimes it's just a hassle when your telling where your really going. I just stick with "I'm going home" no matter where I go. As long as you don't act retarted wherever your at and don't get in trouble, who would ever know?

supermanlives22
07-13-10, 10:03 AM
if you can live with that me personally i like my career to much to have it possibly thrown away for something simple like that