PDA

View Full Version : Headed To MEPS

Jordan2108
07-11-10, 10:34 AM
Im getting ready to head up to MEPS in a couple hours. Staying at the MEPS hotel tonight and getting up at 4am to take my Physical, and also my ASVAB. Iv been waiting a month to go to MEPS because the doctor was under investigation for failing people without a reason. But they have a new doctor now and im finally approved to go. :)

I got a 74 on my Pre-ASVAB.
10:30 1 1/2mile.
16 pull ups
102 crunches in a minute.

Not to worried about the physical test just stressing over the ASVAB because its timed. Everyone has told me that you have plenty of time to do it. Im really excited but nervous. Im supposed to be in this group to swear in on Monday also. Iv got all my paperwork filled out and got my waiver for my tattoo. Only problem is my transcript is a bit messed up cause of my 2nd semester sophomore year was bad. So it says I have 14 credits and you need 16 to be a senior. So it shows me as a junior. I'm enrolled in 4 summer classes right now, but they don't show up on my transcript til 1st semester of this next school year. So we will see what happens.

So my question to you Marines is, do you remember your night in the MEPS hotel waiting to go to MEPS to take your physical and ASVAB? Were you nervous also?

Thanks for your time Marines, ill keep you posted when I get back with my scores.

TunTvrnWarrior
07-11-10, 10:42 AM
Stay away from the caffiene today. Coffee, Tea, most sodas. Stay away from them. Make a point to get a good night's rest. When you ship, follow this advise for when you stay at the hotel the night before MEPS as well. Get rest, dont obsess about it. Occupy your mind with other things.

TunTvrnWarrior
07-11-10, 10:43 AM
Go to bed at an hour that will ensure you get 8 hours rest.

Jordan2108
07-11-10, 10:49 AM
Thank you sir, I woke up at 4am this morning so that I would be tired by like 8 tonight and pass out. Didn't even think about the caffiene, sounds like a good idea to stay away from it. Will do.

SGT7477
07-11-10, 12:05 PM
Im getting ready to head up to MEPS in a couple hours. Staying at the MEPS hotel tonight and getting up at 4am to take my Physical, and also my ASVAB. Iv been waiting a month to go to MEPS because the doctor was under investigation for failing people without a reason. But they have a new doctor now and im finally approved to go. :)

I got a 74 on my Pre-ASVAB.
10:30 1 1/2mile.
16 pull ups
102 crunches in a minute.

Not to worried about the physical test just stressing over the ASVAB because its timed. Everyone has told me that you have plenty of time to do it. Im really excited but nervous. Im supposed to be in this group to swear in on Monday also. Iv got all my paperwork filled out and got my waiver for my tattoo. Only problem is my transcript is a bit messed up cause of my 2nd semester sophomore year was bad. So it says I have 14 credits and you need 16 to be a senior. So it shows me as a junior. I'm enrolled in 4 summer classes right now, but they don't show up on my transcript til 1st semester of this next school year. So we will see what happens.

So my question to you Marines is, do you remember your night in the MEPS hotel waiting to go to MEPS to take your physical and ASVAB? Were you nervous also?

Thanks for your time Marines, ill keep you posted when I get back with my scores.Being nervous is human nature, Good Luck, Semper Fidelis.:flag:

Jordan2108
07-12-10, 08:46 PM
Just got home from MEPS. Waiting to get my ASVAB results. I got DQ'd because I guess im deaf in my right ear. I got commisioned to go back up and have another hearing check up. Then finish enlisting. My roommate at the MEPS hotel shipped out to bootcamp today.

Sgt Leprechaun
07-13-10, 10:54 AM
Deaf in the right ear? Suggestion, if you use ear buds, STOP. Same thing with headphones or anything else. Once your hearing goes, it doesn't come back. Stop listening to LOUD music several days prior to going, and if neccessary, put cotton in your ears or use earplugs. That may help.

Jordan2108
07-13-10, 03:15 PM
Yes sir, SSGT Daniels told me to put earplugs in the whole ride up and take them out when I get there because it makes your ears more sensitive. I have a $2000 sound system in my car thats why, But i dont know why its only my right ear. I havn't listened to it for about 2 weeks and I am going to sell it. Bumpin' isnt worth ruining my chances of making it in the Marine Corps. Still waiting for my ASVAB results.

Sgt Leprechaun
07-14-10, 05:50 PM
And there is your reason why. Your right ear "faces" the most of the music inside the car. Hopefully, you haven't done perm. damage. Sell that puppy or yank it out LOL.

Jordan2108
07-22-10, 04:45 AM
Just got my scores back. Got 67 ASVAB 114 GT. Not sure if that's any good but my recruiter said that's right where I need to be for Intel. Still waiting on my Commission date for my ear. Haven't been listening to music and I'm going to get my ears flushed just in case they are clogged. Doc at MEPS said they are clean but my moms a nurse so its free to get them flushed so I figured it couldn't hurt.

TunTvrnWarrior
07-22-10, 07:45 AM
Just got my scores back. Got 67 ASVAB 114 GT. Not sure if that's any good but my recruiter said that's right where I need to be for Intel. Still waiting on my Commission date for my ear. Haven't been listening to music and I'm going to get my ears flushed just in case they are clogged. Doc at MEPS said they are clean but my moms a nurse so its free to get them flushed so I figured it couldn't hurt.

Good job Jordan.

Jordan2108
09-05-10, 04:06 PM
So it took 2 months to get my consult date for my hearing test. September 7th. I leave on Monday and take the test on Tuesday. So just my luck I got sick on Friday. Its now Sunday and im still sick. My ears feel like they are on fire and inflated. I tried to reschedule my consult date but I can't because it already took two months to get it the first time. So i have to go take the hearing test while my ears are messed up. And if I fail im Disqualified...Doesn't seem very fair to me?

Supersquishy
09-05-10, 04:23 PM
Just tell them the truth, tell them your sick and your ears are plugged up. They may retest you and pass you, you never know. I wish you luck!

Jordan2108
09-06-10, 11:44 AM
Still sick. Headed up for my hearing test. Wish me luck.

Jordan2108
09-08-10, 03:14 AM
Just returned from my hearing test. I passed. The doctor said she wants to see me again when im not sick because there was fluid in my ears. I fly to MEPS on friday to finish swearing in. Another step closer to becoming a Marine.

Stockholm
09-08-10, 07:41 AM
Just returned from my hearing test. I passed. The doctor said she wants to see me again when im not sick because there was fluid in my ears. I fly to MEPS on friday to finish swearing in. Another step closer to becoming a Marine.

You should of backed out when you had the chance. I wish they would have DQ'ed you before you make the biggest mistake of your life.

Dont join the Marines unless you want to commit yourself to abuse, belittlement, embarassment, fear, hatred, betrayal, regret, sadness, being used, mistreated and finally losing the best years of your life!

The Marines, sign up their recruits by getting that macho better then everyone else reputation. People think that they should waste 4-8 years of their life so they can go earn a little symbol that shows they completed a 3 month PT Session. Why go serve your country in a branch that just uses you and then dumps you out at your as* after you tell them that you would not like to re-enlist again.

Go join the army, air force, navy or coast guard they have things there too, if you join the marines, you will be hased, disrespected, you will clean your $h1tty barracks room from 4:00 to 2:00 in the morning while your staff nco drinks beer and laughs at you, you will not get promoted merritoriously because you company officer and plt commander will be banging a female marine whos the same rank as him, and she will get promoted for sucking D1ck (literally) ive seen it the marines is high school with m-16s…thats it…it is an irresponsible sorry **** poor excuse for a military organization, and you will be treated unfairly, and will see other female privates (his rank) sleeping with the same leaders that punishes him and treats you like $hit….and she will be promoted…if u dont believe me, go join, but just hope you dont commit suicide or beg and cry to go home when you hit boot camp or the fleet.

TunTvrnWarrior
09-08-10, 07:48 AM
Outstanding kid!

DrZ
09-08-10, 08:41 AM
Typically, I would just ignore this troll's post....but since this trash is directed at a young man who has pride in himself and the desire to be the best.... I will respond.

Stockholm,
About 95% of what you say is BS and the other 5% is unintelligible and barely decipherable. I would venture a guess that you are about 14 years old and was bored when you found this web page. I got three of my promotions meritoriously simply due to hard work. I don't remember ever harassing anyone or being harassed...that is simply BS. Boot is full of necessary mind games.... but harassment... No. Other than that.... what you do is train to be prepared if you are needed or called into action with little or no notice. That is not harassment.... that is preparation. I don't remember anyone getting me up at 0200 (which by the way is earlier than 0400) to clean the barracks. My leaders were always professional in their actions and treatment of the troops. That is what Marine leaders do. Plus.... I was a SNCO and if my troops were working.... I was right there with them. Leadership is not sitting on your butt and watching.... it is leadership through example and that means working right beside them. I am sure there are some Women Marines somewhere who were sh!tbirds like their sh!tbird male counterparts.... but in my 8 years, I only met one and she had a drug problem and after attempts to help her... the Marines had to let her go. The majority of Women Marines, like the majority of Male Marines are professional, squared away people who always show the world what type of person earns the title US Marine.

You say you have seen all this and of that I have my doubts. The Marines, like all other branches, have their 10% sh!tbirds but they don't tend to last long. They run away, cry about mistreatment, and generally lie about things until they are sent home to their Mommies. Sh!tbirds and whiners exist in all walks of life.

So.... now I have responded. Go away child. Don't waste our time with your trash. Listen... your XBox or your Mommy is calling you.

So... to my brother and sister Marines.... I apologize for responding to this troll.... but sometimes.... you must call an idiot and liar out.

TunTvrnWarrior
09-08-10, 08:47 AM
:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup: Well said DZ, well said!
Typically, I would just ignore this troll's post....but since this trash is directed at a young man who has pride in himself and the desire to be the best.... I will respond.

Stockholm,
About 95% of what you say is BS and the other 5% is unintelligible and barely decipherable. I would venture a guess that you are about 14 years old and was bored when you found this web page. I got three of my promotions meritoriously simply due to hard work. I don't remember ever harassing anyone or being harassed...that is simply BS. Boot is full of necessary mind games.... but harassment... No. Other than that.... what you do is train to be prepared if you are needed or called into action with little or no notice. That is not harassment.... that is preparation. I don't remember anyone getting me up at 0200 (which by the way is earlier than 0400) to clean the barracks. My leaders were always professional in their actions and treatment of the troops. That is what Marine leaders do. Plus.... I was a SNCO and if my troops were working.... I was right there with them. Leadership is not sitting on your butt and watching.... it is leadership through example and that means working right beside them. I am sure there are some Women Marines somewhere who were sh!tbirds like their sh!tbird male counterparts.... but in my 8 years, I only met one and she had a drug problem and after attempts to help her... the Marines had to let her go. The majority of Women Marines, like the majority of Male Marines are professional, squared away people who always show the world what type of person earns the title US Marine.

You say you have seen all this and of that I have my doubts. The Marines, like all other branches, have their 10% sh!tbirds but they don't tend to last long. They run away, cry about mistreatment, and generally lie about things until they are sent home to their Mommies. Sh!tbirds and whiners exist in all walks of life.

So.... now I have responded. Go away child. Don't waste our time with your trash. Listen... your XBox or your Mommy is calling you.

So... to my brother and sister Marines.... I apologize for responding to this troll.... but sometimes.... you must call an idiot and liar out.

Wyoming
09-08-10, 09:19 AM
Excellent post my Brother Winger, simply ****ing EXCELLENT.

http://www.leatherneck.com/forums/picture.php?pictureid=11545&albumid=2526&dl=1279899539&thumb=1 (http://www.leatherneck.com/forums/album.php?albumid=2526&pictureid=11545)

Now the troll can go back to sucking on mommies teat.

Sgt Leprechaun
09-08-10, 05:23 PM
A typical seditious twit with zero clue. Probably got a Dishonorable for pedophila or some such. Either that or "And that's why the color yellow makes me sad".

Extracted forever by the Yellow Wing helo squadron.

Jordan, in your life, you'll see and have to deal with some of these people. If you investigate just a tad, you'll find out that they were usually booted for 'failing to adapt' or some other criminal stupidity, or, quite frankly, were 'never weres' to begin with and are jealous to the point of rage that you are doing something they cannot, never could, and never will.

Jordan2108
09-10-10, 01:54 AM
It was already deleted so I never saw what the kid said. Thank you sir. Ill know tomorrow afternoon if im flying out tomorrow to swear in on saturday.

Jordan2108
10-12-10, 01:34 AM
So I figured id update this. So I failed the original hearing test at MEPS then i got a consult date and went up I was sick for the 2nd hearing test and failed it but my ears were inflated so they issued a 3rd hearing test. So i went up for a 3rd test and passed it. Then the doctor decided since I was 2 fails: 1 pass that I cheated so he issued a 4th consult date, im going back up on October 21st for my 4th hearing test.