PDA

View Full Version : Trophy Hunter

Captain Kirk
07-11-10, 05:47 AM
Trophy Hunter

For some it’s a shiny, engraved, silver cup. For others it’s the molded image of an athlete atop
a tall base or a plaque to hang on the wall. For me it’s the mounted head of a deer. For each of us the word ‘trophy’ might mean something different. But have you ever considered yourself
a trophy?

In a recent series, I talked about how Satan roams around looking for opportunities to bring storms into our lives. Last week my oldest son, Tim, shared a message called, “The Trophy Hunter” where he talked about why Satan is really looking for those opportunities – because he wants you as his trophy. What? You never thought of that? Well let me share some more of Tim’s message.

Whether we have our own or not, we all know what a trophy is. We know they aren’t easy to come by. We know that earning one usually takes time, and diligence, and patience. We know that the best trophies come from plenty of practice and the perfecting of your craft.

Satan knows this, too. He’s very patient. He doesn’t get tired of trying to get you. He doesn’t move on. After all, he’s been at it a long time. He knows he has to put in the time and the energy, so he stays on the hunt constantly. And like a hunter, he studies his prey and learns its ways – your ways, your patterns, and your steps.

And like a fisherman he gains knowledge by using different lures. He keeps trying different ones until he finds one that works – just the right bait. He studies your life and he waits for a weak moment, or a moment when you’re distracted, and before you know it, the hook is in your mouth.

But doesn’t he already have plenty of trophies on his walls? Yep, but he won’t rest until he has you, too. In fact, the closer you are to God and the more impact you make in ministry, the greater the trophy you become. Just look at the scriptures to see examples of the great men and women of God Satan has mounted on his wall.

There was Saul, for one, who was ‘hooked’ by his pride. He got a big head and he stepped out of where God wanted him. His anger and jealousy destroyed him.

Judas was another example. The right lure for him was money. How many times do you think Satan has bragged about having one of ‘The Twelve’ on his trophy wall?

And we can’t forget Samson. He was supernaturally strong, but Satan found his weakness – Philistine women.

We all know of great modern-day ministers that have failed and were discredited, too. Satan likely tried lure after lure with them. He went after their finances. He went after their marriages. He went after their children. Eventually he found the right one and, wow, did he probably brag about those trophies.

We all have soft spots – areas of weakness. Whether we recognize them or not, Satan watches for them. In fact, he has demons assigned to your life just to take notes. He’s going to keep playing the tricks and the games until he finds the right one to get you.

So pay attention to what you watch on TV, where you’re going after church, what you look at on the computer, how you’re speaking to your family, how you’re doing at controlling your temper, how you’re behaving at work, how often you’re focused on yourself – and recognize the lures. Be wise to the schemes.

Stand strong. Get in the Word. Submit yourself to God. Pray for your pastor. Pray for your leaders.

Don’t become another victim of The Trophy Hunter.

Pastor Gary Keesee

Faith Life Church

New Albany, Ohio

Pastor Keesee; an avid and highly successful Deer hunter also has a great book called "Faith Hunt" That teaches us about walking by faith and not by sight.

I highly recommend this book.

TazMatt
07-11-10, 07:43 AM
Doug once again for sharing your beliefs with us.May God continue to shed His mercy and grace on you .