PDA

View Full Version : Need a lil info on these 2 mos's

MarineNtheMakin
07-11-10, 04:28 AM
Well im turning 18 this month and im going to sign up and get into DEP/POOLEE list and at first i had my mind set on a infantry based MOS but now that im hearing obama would be pulling out troops in july of next year and i did the math which means ill be done with all my training by then i don't want to be infantry to do something in another country thats has nothing to do with infantry.On the other hand my Brother whos an Ex marine suggested i join security forces he told me his DI had that MOS and its exciting and you move up in rank preety fast,Is this true?.And if the situation about infantry does role out like i said what do you think i would be doing if the war finishes and i cant complete a tour.Because i really want to go on deployment for a tour.Ive searched for similer topics and found none to this so please help me.thanks

supermanlives22
07-11-10, 05:21 AM
im here in afghanistan now i dont think we will be pulling chucks anytime soon but we are making progress. if you were to join inf you would be in the fight and trust me there will be more places that will need our inf. dont make a choice that you will regret.

Lisa 23
07-11-10, 07:21 AM
First, there are NO Ex Marines!
Second, no one knows how long the war is going to last, and if you're only joining to go to war, then don't join.
Third, you're not in the DEP yet, so you're no poolee, and you shouldn't have registered as one. Poolees have shipdates.
Fourth, it's Drill Instructors to you, not DI's.

supermanlives22
07-11-10, 07:30 AM
well i dont really care what your profile say's and i really dont care whether you call them DI's or not because i know its short for drill instructor. anyways marines are ment for war thats what we are there for. i joined knowing and wanting to go to war so i can do my part to help so maybe i should not have joined lol. but anyways the war will be around for awhile and like i said before go inf im sure you will get to the war.

SGT7477
07-11-10, 08:17 AM
Well im turning 18 this month and im going to sign up and get into DEP/POOLEE list and at first i had my mind set on a infantry based MOS but now that im hearing obama would be pulling out troops in july of next year and i did the math which means ill be done with all my training by then i don't want to be infantry to do something in another country thats has nothing to do with infantry.On the other hand my Brother whos an Ex marine suggested i join security forces he told me his DI had that MOS and its exciting and you move up in rank preety fast,Is this true?.And if the situation about infantry does role out like i said what do you think i would be doing if the war finishes and i cant complete a tour.Because i really want to go on deployment for a tour.Ive searched for similer topics and found none to this so please help me.thanksOnce a Marine always a Marine.:evilgrin:

Lynn2
07-11-10, 09:16 AM
So you really think there will be no where to fight in a few years when you are warrior trained?

Not likely by a long shot.

But man do you remind me of me. On my way to VN by ship in June 1965. I was afraid the war might be over or winding down before I got there and did my part. I was pizzed I was not on a jet and getting there faster.

I was a moron.

5 years and almost 60,000 US lives later that bad boy was still going.

But you become an infantry man because you think you would like the work and the challenge. You take the work and the challenge and you prepare for war.

I have little doubt that sometime in the next few years if you do enlist as an 03 you and war will find each other.

I do agree with you on one thing. You join the Marines or in my case the Fleet Marine Force because you want to fight.

Good Luck and just be careful what you wish for

MarineNtheMakin
07-11-10, 05:03 PM
Thanks for the answers...Infantry it is and to the marine that commented on this just to tell me not to join and im not a poolee with all do respect being a marine is something i wanted to do since i was young i dont want to join the core to be behind a desk or to be guarding a building while people ask to take pictures with me.I want action and adventure and being deployed is what i want i know infantry is treated as good as other marines but i dont mind that and i do know its hard work but i really want the title of a U.S. MARINE and wont stop or let nothing get in my way of earning it not even somebody words on a forum..thanks

Lisa 23
07-11-10, 07:04 PM
Let me correct myself as I should have earlier.

Wanting to fight for your country is a great thing, but none of the Marines here knows how long the war will go on...and whatever training that Marines get, is never for nothing.

If a Marines MOS is for him/her to be sitting behind a desk or guarding a building, so be it. Every MOS in the Marine Corps is very important. Without that Marine sitting behind a desk doing whatever he/she may be doing....you may not get paid, your paperwork in your SRB (Service Record Book) can be all messed up, grunts won't get the supplies they need out in the field, and so on. Marines that guard buildings is very important also. It can be an Embassy in another country, the Marines that guard the White House, and so on.

So....don't say that sitting behind a desk or guarding a building isn't important, because it is.

Now....when using the words Marine or Corps, they will be capitalized at all times. You may want to familiarize yourself with the site rules in the Poolee and Ask A Marine forums. Also, using proper sentence structure is a biggie...like capital letters at beginning of sentences, punctuation marks were needed, and periods at the end of sentences. These run together sentences that some of you wannbes and poolees have are just uncalled for.

And NO, you're not a poolee in the DEP. Poolees have gone through the whole process of taking the ASVAB, going to MEPS, picking their MOS, and have actual shipdates to either MCRDPI or MCRDSD.

Good luck to you, and like Lynn2 said...be careful what you wish for.

Sgt Leprechaun
07-11-10, 07:15 PM
Are you, or are you NOT, a poolee? If not, PM the drifter and get you status changed to "Friend" immediately. Thread is locked down until then. You may PM me to have it unlocked once this situation is corrected.

Failure to take care of this will result in an immediate/permanant extraction.