PDA

View Full Version : scars

Kysar
07-10-10, 12:23 AM
Well, I'm enlisting at the beginning of October of this year, my recruiter and I have already discussed my plans and whats going to be happening, but I do have one concern about my qualifications. I'm already confessing to prior drug experimentation, and that shouldn't be a problem, but the one thing that concerns me is that when i get down to meps and they check me from head to toe, well I have a numerous ammount of self inflicted scars on one of my arms. I used to self injure, but that was a while back, it doesn't affect my life anymore, but I'm not sure how this will affect my entry to the Corps. I've completely changed from what I was, but can this still come back and bite me in the butt?

josephd
07-10-10, 01:00 AM
I am no means telling you to lie because that is HUGE no no because it can come back to bite you ten fold but if you were never diagnosed with depression or any issues, were also never on any medication, and there really is no issue anymore than don't worry about it.

Are these scars obvious?...and obviously self inflicted?

Kysar
07-10-10, 01:38 AM
They're obvious that they were self inflicted, but not very noticable unless you were to look closely which is why they will more than likely be noticed at MEPs. And also from reading other posts, I've learned not to ever lie to them. I was on meds for a while though, and I believe I was diagnosed with depression, would that affect me in any way do you think?

josephd
07-10-10, 01:49 AM
yes absolutely, being diagnosed with depression and being on medication is something that has to be disclosed to MEPs and/or your recruiter. These kinds of things require waivers in order to enlist.

Kysar
07-10-10, 01:53 AM
How difficult is it to recieve a waiver for depression? i mean, what would you have to go through. And it was when i was 15, does that matter towards it?

josephd
07-10-10, 02:24 AM
How difficult is it to recieve a waiver for depression? i mean, what would you have to go through. And it was when i was 15, does that matter towards it?

waivers these days are tough to come by, but this is something you will have to talk to your recruiter about

Lisa 23
07-10-10, 07:34 AM
Medical Waivers...READ THIS FIRST

http://www.leatherneck.com/forums/showthread.php?t=97158

polizei
07-10-10, 08:14 AM
I have several scars which I never told them about, because they were (in my mind) minor and very small. They didn't notice them at all, and I never worried about it. However, mine were from accidents as a child (one was a dog bite, fall, etc.), and were NOT self-inflicted. That might be something you want to discuss with your recruiter.

It may or may not hurt you either way...

Sgt Leprechaun
07-10-10, 05:55 PM
DQ. Closed.