PDA

View Full Version : Mail

Yonkers
07-09-10, 02:26 PM
Hello Marines,

I have been talking to quite a few people (most of them obviously Marines) about boot camp lately as I only have 30 days left to ship. There seems to be a common theme going on that I have noticed. Them or someone they know had problems during boot camp with mail, most of the time it was just delayed and they didn't get it right away. One Pvt I spoke to right out of boot said he didn't get his until 3rd phase!

My question is, does this happen often? (Please feel free to share your boot camp experiences with mail)

I have done a search on this forum and couldn't find threads revolving around the subject, only random ones about "how much time do we get" and "When do we get mail?".

Capital M
07-09-10, 02:37 PM
Just make sure whoever is sending you **** has the exact address. Mail can be slow but delaying three 2 months isn't likely

Yonkers
07-09-10, 02:52 PM
Just make sure whoever is sending you **** has the exact address. Mail can be slow but delaying three 2 months isn't likely

I actually had someone tell me they would send me a "bag of ****" to see how mad my DIs would be. :scared:

Wyoming
07-09-10, 05:11 PM
I actually had someone tell me they would send me a "bag of ****" to see how mad my DIs would be. :scared:

That is so cute.

Kegler300
07-09-10, 05:16 PM
Make sure the envelope is sprayed with foo-foo juice, and it will get to you via your DI poste haste, and that will be pretty damn quick. You will be called immediately to the head of the mail call line...

spartan0509
07-10-10, 05:24 PM
Hell, I got a letter that went through 3rd BN only about two days later than it would've usually gotten there. All my mail came through about four days after it was sent. I would say unless you have mail coming from Afghanistan or something crazy it should be about that long.

SGT7477
07-10-10, 05:49 PM
Hello Marines,

I have been talking to quite a few people (most of them obviously Marines) about boot camp lately as I only have 30 days left to ship. There seems to be a common theme going on that I have noticed. Them or someone they know had problems during boot camp with mail, most of the time it was just delayed and they didn't get it right away. One Pvt I spoke to right out of boot said he didn't get his until 3rd phase!

My question is, does this happen often? (Please feel free to share your boot camp experiences with mail)

I have done a search on this forum and couldn't find threads revolving around the subject, only random ones about "how much time do we get" and "When do we get mail?". Remember to have the correct address so you get your cookies.

scarver007
07-11-10, 12:42 AM
I just got back from Parris Island last Friday and while I was there I never had a problem with getting mail. It usually took about 3 days for my letters to get home and for letters to get to me. The first couple of training weeks you might not get any mail because your parents might not know the address yet, but don't worry as soon as the letter gets home with your address the letters will flow non stop.

ameriken
07-11-10, 12:59 AM
I just got back from Parris Island last Friday
Congratulations Marine :thumbup:

Be sure you join us in some of the other forums.

Semper Fi :iwo:

RAPARMER
07-11-10, 05:59 PM
I just got back from Parris Island last Friday
Welcome to the family Maarine !:marine:

Danny C Smith
07-12-10, 02:27 PM
Remember to have the correct address so you get your cookies.

The Sgt.is 100% correct.
You don't want to miss out on the cookies.:thumbup:

When I was at the Stumps we had a Sgt. that recieved a
small box of human fecal matter from his brother!
It was, to say the least memorable.

Yonkers
07-12-10, 03:01 PM
The Sgt.is 100% correct.
You don't want to miss out on the cookies.:thumbup:

When I was at the Stumps we had a Sgt. that recieved a
small box of human fecal matter from his brother!
It was, to say the least memorable.

That's so awesome haha :D