PDA

View Full Version : Anyone who currently know the DI's in Mike Company???

NormacKlas
07-09-10, 12:31 AM
I'll be leaving here in 23 days and I'm off to Mike Company. Just throwing this out there but I'm curious as to seeing if anyone has been in it recently to tell me who the DI's are and anything else that might be helpful

NormacKlas
07-09-10, 01:00 AM
I'll be leaving here in 23 days and I'm off to Mike Company. Just throwing this out there but I'm curious as to seeing if anyone has been in it recently to tell me who the DI's are and anything else that might be helpful

Meant to add location :/... MCRD San Diego

josephd
07-09-10, 02:06 AM
whats it matter?.....you are going to get the same recruit training no matter what company, platoon, or DI's you are with

even if any of us Marines knew the DI's do you think we would tell you about them as if it mattered? Also DI's bounce from platoon to platoon when changing cycles and even during cycle so even if a new Marine who had Mike Co. last cycle some of the DI's would be different

CQB0316
07-09-10, 02:12 AM
+1 Who gives a sh*t?

NormacKlas
07-09-10, 02:34 AM
+1 Who gives a sh*t?

Haha obviously someone. I just wonder who

supermanlives22
07-09-10, 02:58 AM
they rotate in and out after each graduation so it will be hard to find out

NormacKlas
07-09-10, 03:07 AM
they rotate in and out after each graduation so it will be hard to find out

Appreciate it. I'm just a poole that's been waiting too long with too much time on my hands.

Lisa 23
07-09-10, 07:17 AM
A poolee with too much time on his hands might want to fill out the rest of his profile, as it states in the rules in the poolee forum.

And it's Drill Instructors to you, not DI's.

DrZ
07-09-10, 07:34 AM

Let's see.... the DIs in Mike Company would be... or could be....

Drill Instructor Corporal
Drill Instructor Sergeant
Drill Instructor Staff Sergeant
or even
Drill Instructor Gunnery Sergeant.

They are all there to train you to become a Marine. Spend the time being concerned about your physical and mental conditioning and all the rest is information that will be provided when you get there.

CQB0316
07-09-10, 07:47 AM
I think Drill Instructor Corporal is only in fairy tales that begin with the ingestion of shrooms.

DrZ
07-09-10, 07:57 AM
I think Drill Instructor Corporal is only in fairy tales that begin with the ingestion of shrooms.

See the differences 40 years makes.... they were thick as thieves WAY BACK when. Of course, it also seems to me, if my long term memory still works properly, that my E-4 DI became an E-5 prior to my graduation.

Wyoming
07-09-10, 08:12 AM
I had an E-4 with a NDSM my whole time at boot.

Mean bastard, but not near as mean as that E-5 with 4 ribbons and 2 hash marks.

Gawd damm, when the universe slips, and it is time for bad dreams, those 2 were right up at the top of the nightmare list.

Meserole08orah
07-09-10, 08:19 AM
i think all of you should just stop making a big freaking deal about not filling out every section. my god. And just answer the question. Its not that big of a deal. I sure would have liked to know who my DI's were before i left so i could get to remember their names so i didnt get confused. Im pretty sure if a Marine asked you to get them something you wouldnt make a big deal about it. Yall are giving these kids a bad taste in their mouth about the Marines. Yall can sit here and bad mouth them all you want and act like hard as$es all day but i doubt you'd do it in person over something soooo stupid as asking a simple question. GET OVER IT IF THEY DO NOT FILL OUT THEIR PROFILE! Some people dont want to tell everything about them. Get over it. And obviously he gives a sh!t if he is going to ask.

I can find out a few names for you because my Ex was in Mike Company. I'll see if he will talk to me lol. Best of luck Devil pup. and dont worry... Marines are really not the way they seem online. Most the people on here are Retired or got kicked out. Just ignore them. And dont bother working out because when you get to boot camp its not as intense as a good day in the gym. and making sure you're mentaly ready... yeah its not even that big of a deal. Boot Camp has changed so you really dont need to worry about that crap. Just go and do what youre told and you will be golden.

Gunner 0313
07-09-10, 08:30 AM
:flag:After all it's a kinder gentler Marine Corps today. Lay down on the comfy couch and the nice little DI's will tell you a bedtime story. Maybe we'll roast some marshmallows and make some smores too !

CQB0316
07-09-10, 08:30 AM
i think all of you should just stop making a big freaking deal about not filling out every section. my god. And just answer the question. Its not that big of a deal. I sure would have liked to know who my DI's were before i left so i could get to remember their names so i didnt get confused. Im pretty sure if a Marine asked you to get them something you wouldnt make a big deal about it. Yall are giving these kids a bad taste in their mouth about the Marines. Yall can sit here and bad mouth them all you want and act like hard as$es all day but i doubt you'd do it in person over something soooo stupid as asking a simple question. GET OVER IT IF THEY DO NOT FILL OUT THEIR PROFILE! Some people dont want to tell everything about them. Get over it. And obviously he gives a sh!t if he is going to ask.

I can find out a few names for you because my Ex was in Mike Company. I'll see if he will talk to me lol. Best of luck Devil pup. and dont worry... Marines are really not the way they seem online. Most the people on here are Retired or got kicked out. Just ignore them. And dont bother working out because when you get to boot camp its not as intense as a good day in the gym. and making sure you're mentaly ready... yeah its not even that big of a deal. Boot Camp has changed so you really dont need to worry about that crap. Just go and do what youre told and you will be golden.

WOOKIE ALERT!!!:scared:

Gunner 0313
07-09-10, 08:33 AM
WOOKIE ALERT!!!:scared:

:flag:Jerkwad !

CQB0316
07-09-10, 08:34 AM
:flag:Jerkwad !
Aww come on. You know thats what we do best.;)

Wyoming
07-09-10, 08:35 AM

WOW, the voice of reason!! Ack, ack, bull****, ack!!!

I admit to having been in many years before you were a gleam, possibly even before your Mom and Dad were gleams, but I don't know of any that were kicked out. Are there any on here?

You must admit, there are some really dumb questions. Guys asking about shaving their crotch hair, is just a recent one that sticks out. ... and him being a 17yo. Jeez.

ALSO, those wannabee/poolees that make it back, have a DAMM big attitude change. They are now Marines and act like them.

Gunner 0313
07-09-10, 08:39 AM
:flag:I need to figure out how to record my laugh when I read this trash and put the sound bite on here.

NormacKlas
07-09-10, 07:33 PM

Thanks for understanding. But yea you basically hit the nail on the head and I'll be sure to keep and open eye to how things will be. Thanks for the advice

Phantom Blooper
07-09-10, 07:51 PM
Thanks for understanding. But yea you basically hit the nail on the head and I'll be sure to keep and open eye to how things will be. Thanks for the advice

That's NOT understanding....that is that young Marine being sarcastic towards the older generation and having very little to no respect for those that went before her.

Also as far as you filling out your profile with your sarcastic answers...the owner and mods on this site say profile before posting...NO one wants your life history....however if you are a poolee as you claim YOU are required to fill out that basic information!

THANK YOU FOR UNDERSTANDING!:evilgrin:

Lisa 23
07-09-10, 07:55 PM
If you can't follow some simple rules that the staff here at Leatherneck has put into place (they are located in the Poolee and Ask A Marine forums), how do you expect to follow rules when you go to boot camp?

NormacKlas
07-09-10, 07:59 PM
If you can't follow some simple rules that the staff here at Leatherneck has put into place (they are located in the Poolee and Ask A Marine forums), how do you expect to follow rules when you go to boot camp?

Very valid. I guess I'm in trouble. I checked your profile out and I was wondering why you were not in a full four and not one?

Wyoming
07-09-10, 08:04 PM
i dont have to. i am not in yur gen. if i say i am a poolee i am. i dont need to be dissed. i asked a simple question. why do you old people not understand. besides, what is this rules ****. who follows rules anyway?

... there you go, I answered that nasty ole Blooper and the Woman Marine for you. Now you can go out to play before dinner.

Lisa 23
07-09-10, 08:05 PM
Not to be a smart a$$, but I've commented on this question many times before.
So.....don't worry about why I didn't fulfill my 6 year contract, worry about yourself.

Lisa 23
07-09-10, 08:10 PM
[Poolee Rules] Attention New Poolee & Wannabe Members

Rule Four make sure that you have a completed profile less than that is unsat and will get you banned for a period up to and including permanently!

http://www.leatherneck.com/forums/showthread.php?t=29048&page=15

Read This Before Posting In Ask A Marine!!!!

http://www.leatherneck.com/forums/showthread.php?t=59447

NormacKlas
07-09-10, 08:21 PM
[Poolee Rules] Attention New Poolee & Wannabe Members

Rule Four make sure that you have a completed profile less than that is unsat and will get you banned for a period up to and including permanently!

http://www.leatherneck.com/forums/showthread.php?t=29048&page=15

Read This Before Posting In Ask A Marine!!!!

http://www.leatherneck.com/forums/showthread.php?t=59447

Ook, yet again you got me. I changed it just for you and it is filled out. Now as you wouldn't asnwer my simple question as to why you did not fulfill your six year contract and you told me to mind my own well I simply ask that same to you. The subject is now dead

Wyoming
07-09-10, 08:28 PM
Ook, yet again you got me. I changed it just for you and it is filled out. Now as you wouldn't asnwer my simple question as to why you did not fulfill your six year contract and you told me to mind my own well I simply ask that same to you. The subject is now dead

Sarcastic now, are we?

I can answer why WMarine did not fulfill her contract.

She was sent on a secret mission to Indiana. No ID, no name. She was to root out all the sarcastic splits that may wish to ATTEMPT to become a Marine.

After fulfilling her obligation, she celebrated. She partied hard. But she broke an ankle while jumping off a tall building and was separated.

BUT, alas, so it seems, it appears she missed a sarcastic split.

Oh yeah, duck, split, duck, them ain't birds flying overhead. Them is incoming rounds.

NormacKlas
07-09-10, 08:30 PM
Sarcastic now, are we?

I can answer why WMarine did not fulfill her contract.

She was sent on a secret mission to Indiana. No ID, no name. She was to root out all the sarcastic splits that may wish to ATTEMPT to become a Marine.

After fulfilling her obligation, she celebrated. She partied hard. But she broke an ankle while jumping off a tall building and was separated.

BUT, alas, so it seems, it appears she missed a sarcastic split.

Oh yeah, duck, split, duck, them ain't birds flying overhead. Them is incoming rounds.

Hahahaha

Lisa 23
07-09-10, 08:30 PM
Leave the attitude at the door there young man! Remember, you're on a Marine Corps site for Marines. Everyone else here are guests.

I've been asked that question many times and I've answered it many times. You want the answer, start going through all of my posts.

SlingerDun
07-09-10, 08:32 PM
pre-boots sure can get salty onlinehttp://www.leatherneck.com/forums/images/icons/icon6.gif

Big Al, whats a split

Wyoming
07-09-10, 08:34 PM
Split - PM coming.

firedog974
07-09-10, 09:33 PM

Here is a novel friggin idea....how about you stop trying to win a popularity contest with these shower shoes, and have your fellow Marine's back? How about if you have an issue with what a Marine says on here, you send them a PM instead of being an unprofessional, catty, whinny little *****. Do you even know what the word "proffessionalism" means ?? Do you have ANY idea how stupid you just made yourself look (other than to the poolee)? Do they not teach professionalism in 4th BN?????

Now go talk to your ex, and see what you can do for this poolee......
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_ni5fDCdSLU8/SiWJbKKZFlI/AAAAAAAAAjQ/8dtbdkj_fWY/s400/stupid+motivational+posters.jpg

Komenko
07-09-10, 10:09 PM
i knew a few!

SDI SSGT Micheal Jackson
SSGT Agnew
SSGT Lafarrey
SSGT Borgessie

They were Drill Instructors in 3rd Battalion "Mike" Company! They were MY Drill Instructors on Parris Island! You will get to know yours after they pick you up from recieving! As for Meserole08orah, let me see your wing span! Some of you old salts might know what I ment by wing span lol.

Quinbo
07-09-10, 10:27 PM
I had a corporal drill instructor in 85. He got removed for issuing just a little bit too much corporal punishment.

Your drill instructors all have name tags. After spending 24 hours a day ... 7 days a week for 3 months with them you'll know their names.

Is your next question gonna be who is the shop chief at your first duty station?

meroble or what ever is an enabler. You're in his corner now young lady. Might as well stick with him till he goes down for the count.

Drill weekend is next week so make sure you are squared away and don't be late. There are knobs to be polished and floors that need buffed.

supermanlives22
07-10-10, 03:52 AM
the funny thing here is what about opsec you guys ever think about that. the info that should be required is your first name and if they are a marine or not. if they want to put more then thats there choice. so in part i do have to agree with the argument of not filling in everything

Meserole08orah
07-12-10, 10:10 AM
Well your DI's failed you because i do remember being told you are the face of the corps and you are a Marine 24/7 and you are representing the whole Marine corps. WAy to leave a nasty taste in some kids mouth. Cuz i'll be damned if I ever become someone like you. and yes I have Marines' backs but only when they are in the right. and you are WAY in the wrong. If I ever had you comment on my post when I was a Poolee I wouldnt even think about joining because i wouldnt wanna be someone whos always got a stick up my ass. I dont care if i make myself look stupid i really dont. and yeah i know how to be professional because i work with all officers so i do not have a choice. SOoooooOOOooooo yeahhhh. plus i dont go and police everyones profile then put them on blast for asking a simple question. and its not about popularity contests, its about letting people get a bad thought of the Marines. So yeah.

DrZ
07-12-10, 10:57 AM
LCpl.... I am a bit confused here.

I quote this from your post....

Most the people on here are Retired or got kicked out. Just ignore them. And dont bother working out because when you get to boot camp its not as intense as a good day in the gym. and making sure you're mentaly ready... yeah its not even that big of a deal. Boot Camp has changed so you really dont need to worry about that crap. Just go and do what youre told and you will be golden.

Unquote.

I don't understand your statements here. I served 8 years honorably and don't quite seem to remember things like you describe them. I am not retired nor was I kicked out. I agree with you to a point about the profiles HOWEVER.... if these are the rules of the owners of Leatherneck.com.... they are to be followed. As you know, Marines do follow rules and orders.

As far as boot not being as intense as a day at the gym.... I hope you are blowing smoke. I certainly hope that boot camp has not changed to the point where the physical aspect is a walk in the park. Boot is training people to stay alive and sometimes that requires moving your butt for hours and days at a time. No sleep and short of rations.... you continue to move your butt.... and I have never seen a good day at the gym being that intense.

It has always been my belief that WMs were put through most, if not all, of the same rigors as their male counterparts. Your statements are making me question that belief. Boot camp takes a group of wanna-bes with no pride and very little respect for anyone or anything, disassembles them, and rebuilds them into a cohesive team. We work together and will give up our lives for our brothers and sisters in combat. When we receive an order, we don't take the time to fully analyze that order or situation...because if you hesitate for those few seconds.... people can die in combat. Training of that nature requires the mental conditioning that is dished out daily in boot. If I break down my boot training.... I would say it was 75% physical (this includes all physical aspects including exercise, marching, running, hand to hand, and various other things the DI wants to put you through), 20% mental conditioning, and the other 5% was historical information to build pride and loyalty in the Corps.

If you want to disagree.... so be it because that is your right. Afterall, I was in and out of the Corps prior to you even being a twinkle in your Daddy's eyes and perhaps the Marine Corps now sends their DIs to study the Air Force training techniques and we have now created a kinder, gentler Marine Corps. God knows I wouldn't know because I am one of the old Marines who must blow smoke because we are nothing more than a group old men and women who are either retired or were kicked out.

In the words of YOUR generation.... whatever!

RPSmith
07-12-10, 11:11 AM
DrZ,
I had a niece go through boot about a year ago. From her description of it, it was no walk in the park. Her experience wasn't much different from mine.

I think 4th Bn holds the same standards as any other Recruit Training Battalion....However, we all know there are those few who just barely scrape by. I have a feeling "Meserole08orah" is one of those.

Wyoming
07-12-10, 03:23 PM
Kinda thin thinned ain't she?

One thing to remember, little lady, this is a privately owned site with rules. Follow them or leave. Simple as that.

... and I agree with DrZ and the rest, 'God knows I wouldn't know because I am one of the old Marines who must blow smoke because we are nothing more than a group old men and women who are either retired or were kicked out'.

Big Al sez ...

echo3oscar1833
07-12-10, 06:27 PM
This thread is stupid, just saying, but I'm one of the 10% that got out early so my opinion dosn't matter according to some. Yeah I'm leaving it at that:beer:

echo3oscar1833
07-12-10, 06:34 PM
Screw it Melrosewhatever your name is, you talk alot of crap, and pass judgement on Marines for whatever reason. Yean I'm one of the ones that got out early, but I'll say this much, you don't know shi$ about a person until you walk a mile in there shoes. Everyone is different, and has a different story!!:beer:

DanM
07-12-10, 06:56 PM
Probably thinks those who were drafted during NAM and only had 2 year contracts weren't Marines either.

terran1996
07-14-10, 04:18 PM
If I ever had you comment on my post when I was a Poolee I wouldnt even think about joining because i wouldnt wanna be someone whos always got a stick up my ass.

Maby the Air Farce would have been a better choice.

terran1996
07-14-10, 04:21 PM
Well your DI's failed you because i do remember being told you are the face of the corps and you are a Marine 24/7 and you are representing the whole Marine corps.

Way to represent the Corps.

Sgt Leprechaun
07-14-10, 06:11 PM
And....you've just won a 7 day extraction! Any other takers in the 'Let's do what we want' party?