PDA

View Full Version : knee??

IowaBoy171
07-08-10, 10:31 PM
Ok, so I totally forgot that back during my senior year in wrestling I had a little knee injury that when I went to the doctor (got an mri) and he said that I tore my meniscus a little bit and that he could either repair it or just remove it. I decided that I didn't want to get the surgery during my season because I was state bound. After wrestling though I haven't had any trouble with it since. I'm 23 now and have my physical next week and my recruiters already have me set up to leave for bootcamp at the end of august. Do you think that I will have to get a waiver for my knee or will it be a non issue because it doesn't effect me at all? I've been able to do the pt for the last 2 months without any problems. Thanks

Lisa 23
07-08-10, 10:38 PM
The Marines here are not doctors and have no idea if you'll require a waiver or not, and if you do, we still have no idea if the waiver will get approved or not.
The only way you are going to get the answers to your questions is when you see the doctors at MEPS.

IowaBoy171
07-09-10, 08:36 AM
alright

Old Marine
07-09-10, 08:40 AM
I would suggest that you send a PM to Dr. Oz.

IowaBoy171
07-09-10, 08:43 AM
lol just figured someone had the same thing back when they were gettin in. Because it's a pretty common injury. I'll try the dr. oz thing tho.