PDA

View Full Version : Will I Receive Glasses?

theoxtetra
07-07-10, 10:42 PM
I know someone just asked a question about classes but my question isn't the same. I don't actually own a pair of glasses or wear any contacts or anything but when I was at MEPS and got the eye exam done, they found out I am nearsighted and have trouble with far distances. They were still correctable to 20/20 so it's fine and I can still ship but will I receive the infamous "BC glasses" at Recruit Training? I feel like I will want them for things that will require me to focus on distanced things such as rifle qualification maybe? I don't have any previous history of ever wearing glasses or having contacts though so will I still get glasses just because it's on my MEPS report that I do not have perfect vision? or do only people that currently wear glasses receive them at Recruit Training? If anybody has any insight on my situation I thank you in advance!

tdrt
07-07-10, 10:44 PM
If you need them, they will be issued to you.

sparkie
07-07-10, 10:45 PM
Welcome aboard, 4 eyes.

ameriken
07-07-10, 11:40 PM
will I receive the infamous "BC glasses" at Recruit Training?

Yes.

And for those who don't know, BCG's = Birth Control Glasses, and those are the only glasses you are allowed to wear in Boot Camp.

DrZ
07-08-10, 07:50 AM
I think those issued glasses were the only set I ever owned that I prayed would either get broken, stolen, or lost. I finally got rid of them.... and I'll be damned.... I think Drew Cary found them! Those are some ugly a$$ed glasses!

The Marine Corps issues everything you need...and sadly some of them are as ugly as a p!ssed off DI.

supermanlives22
07-08-10, 08:26 AM
they will be issued like the marines above said but you dont have to wear them

WXSgt
07-08-10, 09:52 AM
yes again you will get BCG's however once you get out in the fleet or if your in a long school you may get new "designer" frames now. they look like the average everyday glasses.

theoxtetra
07-08-10, 10:22 AM
Okay great thanks for all of the replies!

DanM
07-08-10, 10:56 AM
Link to frame selection once you are in the fleet and eligible for new frames.

http://www.med.navy.mil/sites/nostra/FramesLenses/Documents/new-foc.pdf

thewookie
07-08-10, 11:22 AM
eyeballs - check