PDA

View Full Version : waht happens to recruits!!!!

jshields19
07-07-10, 01:54 PM
I have have came to the conclusion that not everyone makes it through training but happens to recruits who dont make it! but even though they are making an effort and giving it their 110% does the DI kick them out or what?

tdrt
07-07-10, 02:10 PM
Why are you worrying about it? Just make sure it doesn't happen to you.

Rocky C
07-07-10, 02:13 PM
Yes..........

jshields19
07-07-10, 02:16 PM
well i was watching ears, open, eyeballs, click. and i just want to make sure a friend was terlling me that when he made it through training their was some guys who didnt and they tried to make it back in but they wouldnt let them!!! i have no doubts about myself getting in and making it i just want to get my facts straight!

tdrt
07-07-10, 02:23 PM
Recruits are dropped for numerous reasons, mostly medical.

If you give 110+, dig deep and give it your all, your DIs will see that and you will not be dropped.

jshields19
07-07-10, 02:26 PM
Medical!!! is Marine Recruit Training that tough?

Rocky C
07-07-10, 02:27 PM
Recruits are dropped for numerous reasons, mostly medical.

If you give 110+, dig deep and give it your all, your DIs will see that and you will not be dropped.

Providing you meet the Minimum Graduation Guidlines...........

tdrt
07-07-10, 02:28 PM

Well, yes. It is the most physically and mentally challenging thing you will ever do in your life.

Quinbo
07-07-10, 02:33 PM
A couple years ago this same topic came up.
The training is designed for you to succeed not fail. Nobody at MCRD wants to see you fail. You have to do something really stupid like attempt suicide, refuse to train, cry all day, pop on the pee pee test, miraculously come down with asthma or

Get hurt so badly that you can not continue training even after the Navy fix a recruit repair kit has been applied.

I guess the gist of your question is what happens if you fail out of boot camp. What happens is you give back all your issue and are processed out and sent home.

Lisa 23
07-07-10, 04:41 PM

Well, yes. It is the most physically and mentally challenging thing you will ever do in your life.
I second that!

And it's Drill Instructors to you, not DI's. :evilgrin:

MeeceSaddlery
07-07-10, 05:23 PM
Boot Camp seemed easy looking back on it, but I never thought that when I was a recruit. You can not just quit and go home if you decide its not for you. The Marine Corps will make every attempt to make you a Marine whether you like it or not and if it takes 13 weeks or 30. You decided you wanted to be a Marine so do every thing the drill instuctor orders you to do and the EGA will be in your hand before you know it.

Endurance89
07-07-10, 08:59 PM

Roger that, Staff Sergeant...

But like the posters say, once you have your EGA, you have the strength to do anything.

:evilgrin:

Capital M
07-07-10, 09:02 PM
They are used for b-mod targets the real recruits use to shoot at from the 500

Endurance89
07-07-10, 10:07 PM

I got headshots on all my 500yd targets...

Wyoming
07-07-10, 10:08 PM
Failure is not an option and sleep is overrated!

Capital M
07-08-10, 08:26 AM

I got headshots on all my 500yd targets...

Still have to have something to shoot at right?