PDA

View Full Version : A new Stamp at the Post Office

LONEEAGLE
09-17-03, 05:16 PM
If there is one thing you forward today.....let it be this.

REMEMBER the MUSLIM bombing of PanAm Flight 103!

REMEMBER the MUSLIM bombing of the World Trade Center in 1993!

REMEMBER the MUSLIM bombing of the Marine barracks in Lebanon!

REMEMBER the MUSLIM bombing of the military barracks in Saudi Arabia!

REMEMBER the MUSLIM bombing of the American Embassies in Africa!

REMEMBER the MUSLIM bombing of the USS COLE!

REMEMBER the MUSLIM attack on the Twin Towers on 9/11/2001!

REMEMBER all the AMERICAN lives that were lost in those vicious MUSLIM attacks!

Now the United States Postal Service REMEMBERS and HONORS the EID MUSLIM holiday season with a commemorative first class holiday postage stamp.

REMEMBER to adamantly and vocally BOYCOTT this stamp when purchasing your stamps at the post office. To use this stamp would be a slap in the face to all those AMERICANS who died at the hands of those whom this stamp honors.

REMEMBER to pass this along to every patriotic AMERICAN you know. :mad: :mad: The new stamp picture is not on here. But I have a copy. Anybody who wants to see it? Just let me know. I'll send the damn thing to ya.....

chicagousmc
09-17-03, 08:49 PM
No offense Eagle, as I respect your thougts and you have a right to voice them here, but I think you are wrong about your boycott for the reason to be against ALL Muslims as you do here. Sure, there are bad Muslims, there are bad AMericans to but to say boycott this stamp because it honors a Muslim holiday is just not right. I will boycott this stamp but for another reason. We have been trying to get a stamp to honor the Marines that served and died in Bierut and keep getting shot down so to give a stamp for a Muslim holiday over this makes me mad. By your comments it would be hard to think that you judge ALL Muslims the same. If that was the case with me it would have been tough on me as an Embassy Marine in 1980 when I found out one of my Cpls was an Iranian, this just after the Iran Hostage crisis. Sorry I can't judge a whole group of people based on a few bad ones. This is just my humble opinion.

Devildogg4ever
09-18-03, 05:01 AM
What makes me hot is the fact that the Beirut Veterans Association has been trying to get a stamp passed and can't! It doesn't even have to be of Beirut, yet the postal service won't do it! But this they will??

LONEEAGLE
09-18-03, 09:00 AM
This was not my personal opinion. It was sent to me by e-mail from someone else. I never judge anyone. No, I'm not one bit upset of what either one has said. I know what you mean chicagousmc, and what devil dog is sayin'. When I lived in Texas I knew this one man, muslim, along with his family bein' brought in via Canada who owned a gas station. He and I talked extensively over the differences in faith, people, how each are different but yet tryin' to achieve the same thing. I don't neccessarily agree with everything this e-mail said. I take one person, one thing at a time, look at it, make a decision. It's politics. "Hey Muslim world, look at what we did for you?" In other words, get all Muslims on our side. I merely posted this because I thought/think/wanted people to think of many different events. I'm not prejudice, and never will be. To each his own, and far be it from me to "JUDGE" a person's faith, belief, practice. I appreciate and respect your responses. And thank you.

GunnyL
09-18-03, 09:39 AM
I have to agree, I had several friends in the Corps who were Muslim. You can't judge and entire religion by the acts of a few.

LONEEAGLE
09-18-03, 10:51 AM
Hello??? It's not my opinion, or suggestion. I don't have a thing against any muslim's. It was posted as a reminder of what has happened by radical religious fanatism. Not to be taken out of context, that, this is my opinion, and that "I" think all are bad. Drifter if you're on? Close this thread please? It is stirring up to much nonsense about "ME", and that isn't/wasn't the intent. A reminder that's all. For pity sakes.

travissoleski
09-18-03, 01:57 PM
Now one and all lets sing together!

GOD BLESS AMERICA
LAND THAT I LOVE
STAND BESIDE HER
AND GUIDE HER
THROUGH THE NIGHT WITH THE LIGHT FROM ABOVE
FROM THE MOUNTIANS TO THE PAIRIES
TO THE OCEAN WHITE WITH FOAM
GOD BLESS AMERICA, MY HOME SWEET HOME:

Thank you, thank you very much!
SKI

greensideout
09-18-03, 07:23 PM
THINK ABOUT THIS:

A stamp to honor Britain during the revolution.

A stamp to honor Germany during WW-I.

A stamp to honor Japan during WW-II.

A stamp the honor the Nazis during WW-II.

A stamp to honor North Viet Nam, Russia, Lebanon or any other that we were engaged in battle or war with.

WE ARE AT WAR WITH THE MUSLIM NATIONS.

To the Postal Service I say, "Pis* poor timing!"

yellowwing
09-18-03, 07:34 PM
"THE EAGLE HAS SPOKEN" - doesn't make sense when you forward other people thoughts.

LONEEAGLE
09-19-03, 09:08 AM
Yellow wing? I don't understand what ya mean? It just says, I have spoken.

travissoleski
09-19-03, 10:00 AM
Gentlemen:
Do I have to sing again?
SKI

Suggestion, just by Pitney/Bowes measured weight stamp machine, and the hell with the BS. Does anyone follow me or what.

LONEEAGLE
09-19-03, 10:08 AM
I do Travis. Yes, sing it again will ya?