PDA

View Full Version : my son is leaving for boot campin sept.

upperdec
07-06-10, 03:43 PM
:) cant wait to go back down as a father not a recruit this time

Yonkers
07-06-10, 04:41 PM
Best of luck to your son, and be sure to send him letters while he's away :D

videovixen24
07-06-10, 05:03 PM
congrats! I remember how happy my whole family was when my brother left for Boot and when he finally earned the Title! Now, He's about to head off for his FIRST deployment. Matter of fact he leaves tomorrow morning! So good luck to your son!!

upperdec
07-06-10, 07:35 PM
thank you i know what he is in for but it is hard for him to understand that his life is going to change that much

Osotogary
07-06-10, 07:52 PM
upperdeck,
Go online to either MCRD's websites and navigate around until you find the Training Matrix (schedule). You will have a very good idea what your son will be going through. When you write him you could ask how, let's see, how Grass Week was?
Adios and good luck, well wishes to your son and anxious family members.

foreverproud
07-07-10, 02:02 AM
Welcome upperdec! The very best to you and your son...

I will always remember my son's Graduation Day for MCRD SD with overwhelming pride ... I know you will feel the same when graduation day arrives for your son.

videovixen24
07-07-10, 02:06 AM
Welcome upperdec! The very best to you and your son...

I will always remember my son's Graduation Day for MCRD SD with overwhelming pride ... I know you will feel the same when graduation day arrives for your son.

I can agree! My brothers Graduation was OVERWHELMING! I coudn't believe that the man standing beside me so straight and rigid was my very own brother. The way he talked, walked, and even stood all seemed so different. All for the better of course!. I know that if you're not a man of tears... seeing your son on Graduation day you will be misty eyed! Take tons of pictures and keep us updated!

gijimsmom
07-15-10, 03:15 PM
upperdec - many congrats to you! Thank you for your son, and your service.
I agree with former posts = make sure to write him and check out the yuku sites, (cant get link to copy) I met a plethora of wonderful people through that and other sites including this one. Best of luck to your son.

Patty

terran1996
07-15-10, 03:18 PM
The change is about to begin. Congrats.

DevsDad
07-16-10, 08:42 PM
When the bus doors open he will realize life as he knows it is over! Congrats dad! As others have said, write write write. Be sure and tell him it takes 2 or 3 weeks for your letters to get to him at first. They get really depressed when they dont hear from anyone right away.

PurplePatch
08-18-10, 08:48 AM
Upperdec, my son is also leaving in September... less than four weeks now. Oh my.

Elias B
08-22-10, 11:15 PM
Congrats Upperdec

My son has been in for the last 4 weeks, he love it but can't wait to get back. Good luck to your son and be sure to write him as much as you can, he'll need to hear from everyone.

Ee

upperdec
10-15-10, 08:39 AM
well michael is at parris iland now just got the call tuesday morning.cant wait till jan 7th to get here.i am really looking forward to going back down as a dad not a recruit this time