PDA

View Full Version : wavior question

07-06-10, 12:51 PM
Hi,
Im 17 and going to be a high school senior this year. I am very interested in joining the Marines. I unfortunetaly have acid reflux (GERD) wich causes me to throw up very easy and if I eat acidic food acid come up my throat . I was on prescription medicine for this from 8th grade until late April where I switched to OTC with no problems. I understand this condition is disqualifying but I was wondering if I would be able to get a wavier for it?

Zulu 36
07-06-10, 12:58 PM
Hi,
Im 17 and going to be a high school senior this year. I am very interested in joining the Marines. I unfortunetaly have acid reflux (GERD) wich causes me to throw up very easy and if I eat acidic food acid come up my throat . I was on prescription medicine for this from 8th grade until late April where I switched to OTC with no problems. I understand this condition is disqualifying but I was wondering if I would be able to get a wavier for it?

This EXACT topic was covered here very recently. Use the search feature on the site and check there first.

07-06-10, 02:13 PM
Sorry about that and thank you. I looked it up but it would not let me comment on it though.

Phantom Blooper
07-06-10, 02:44 PM
If you have anything different to say....put it out here.

What the SGT means I believe.... is that it was explained and answered.

So what else do you have to offer that wasn't already asked or told?:evilgrin:

07-06-10, 03:23 PM
The other thread dint say how hard it would be to get a waiver for that.
I was also wondering about what MP's do when they are deployed?

Lisa 23
07-06-10, 04:21 PM
Use the search bar as MP's being deployed has been covered before.

And none of the Marines here no how hard it will be for you to obtain a waiver. We're not the ones who decide on who gets a waiver approved or not.

RPSmith
07-06-10, 04:36 PM
...You know, I had to get a waiver when I joined, but I didnt get it by asking questions on a forum. I got all my medical records and headed down to the recruiter's office. I helped him put the waiver package together, which included all my medical records and a two-page explanation on why I wanted to be a Marine.
My point is, its not just going to fall into your lap....You're gonna have to put some effort into it.

Phantom Blooper
07-06-10, 04:58 PM
Esophagus.

Current or history of esophageal disease, including, but not limited to ulceration, varices, fistula, achalasia, or Gastro-Esophageal Reflux Disease (GERD) (530.81), or complications from GERD including stricture, or maintenance on acid suppression medication, or other dysmotility disorders; chronic, or recurrent esophagitis (530.1), is disqualifying.

Current or history of reactive airway disease associated with GERD is disqualifying. Current or history of dysmotility disorders, chronic, or recurrent esophagitis (530) is disqualifying.

History of surgical correction for GERD within 6 months is disqualifying. (P42 esophageal correction, P43 stomach correction and P45 intestinal correction.)

Stomach and duodenum.

Current gastritis, chronic or severe (535), or non-ulcerative dyspepsia that requires maintenance medication is disqualifying.

Current ulcer of stomach or duodenum confirmed by x-ray or endoscopy (533) is disqualifying.

History of surgery for peptic ulceration or perforation is disqualifying.

***As stated take your medical records and any pertinent information you have to a recruiter and see what they say at the RSS.

We cannot make decisions...a recruiter cannot make decisions...only MEPS & BUMED can make the decision.

:evilgrin:

Sgt Leprechaun
07-06-10, 11:22 PM
In other words, a waiver is HIGHLY unlikely if well nigh impossible.

Sorry, but that's just the way it is.