PDA

View Full Version : Order information on Drinking.

odc25
07-05-10, 04:25 PM
I am looking for the order that states underage Marines are allowed to drink at certain functions such as the Marine Corps ball, Mess night and other events. I am applying to a police Dept and have to explain why i have allowed a minor to drink in front of me and i am trying to find that order to attach to my Personal History Statement. If you know the answer to this i would prefer an email but if you post here i will be checkin this to my email is

odc25@hotmail.com

Thank you in advance.

Rocky C
07-05-10, 04:28 PM
There is NO Order...........

odc25
07-05-10, 04:29 PM
well would your suggestion be for proving this situation?

Rocky C
07-05-10, 04:34 PM
You shouldn't have let a Minor Drink in front of you in the First place.

Old Marine
07-05-10, 04:36 PM
Drinking age for Military personnel is drinking age of the state you happen to be in, period.

odc25
07-05-10, 04:40 PM
that is not the case if you would like to the Marine Corps Times Article published in 2007

http://www.marinecorpstimes.com/news/2007/05/marine_alcohol_070511/

that states at Base Command Functions such as the Marine Corps ball Underage Marines may drink at the discrestion of the base commander.

I am not refering to a underage Marine Drinking out in town, because that falls under local and state laws however it is different on a Millitary installation and in some base overseas.

oh and by the way there is a MarAdmin on is which is

MarAdmin 266/07

Danny C Smith
07-05-10, 04:49 PM
[quote=odc25;666792]that is not the case if you would like to the Marine Corps Times Article published in 2007

that states at Base Command Functions such as the Marine Corps ball Underage Marines may drink at the discrestion of the base commander.

I am not refering to a underage Marine Drinking out in town, because that falls under local and state laws however it is different on a Millitary installation and in some base overseas.

MarAdmin 266/07[/quote

Yessir.
when I was 20 and straight out of boot in Oct. 86,
The C.O. authorized us boots to be able to drink at the Ball.
This was in Texas at the time and The ball was in Dallas.
What I remember of it was very fun:thumbup:

Rocky C
07-05-10, 04:57 PM
that is not the case if you would like to the Marine Corps Times Article published in 2007

MarAdmin 266/07

What your referring to is the order dropping the Drinking age from 21 to 18.

18 is Not a Minor or Underage...................

odc25
07-05-10, 05:03 PM
you should probably read section b...

Rocky C
07-05-10, 05:13 PM
you should probably read section b...

So what's your question if you have the answers???
You left Alot out of your post for the Internet World to read.

Was it a Marine drinking on Base or out in town???
How old was the Marine???

You said in your Post you have to explain why you let a Minor Drink in front of you.

Define Minor.

Danny C Smith
07-05-10, 05:20 PM
What your referring to is the order dropping the Drinking age from 21 to 18.

18 is Not a Minor or Underage...................

Good to go:thumbup:
It was still fun:beer:
What I remember of it.

Rocky C
07-05-10, 05:23 PM
Good to go:thumbup:
It was still fun:beer:
What I remember of it.

:D.
Happy Birthday Smitty !!!

odc25
07-05-10, 05:30 PM
Sorry about that I was looking for an ORDER not a MarAdmin but since i found the MarAdmin i think it will work but what i meant was is there an order that states that on base at military functions Underage Marines could drink at the base commanders discrestion

DanM
07-05-10, 09:16 PM
Guess you really didn't look very hard,there is a DOD instructon with specific requirements for those under 21 (i.e. 18 years of age) to consume alcoholic beverages on miitary bases.

http://www.dtic.mil/whs/directives/corres/pdf/101510p.pdf section 9

Danny C Smith
07-06-10, 04:35 PM
:D.
Happy Birthday Smitty !!!

Thank you Brother:flag: