PDA

View Full Version : Am I ever going to get infantry???

P90x
07-05-10, 11:37 AM
Ok here is the story, I joined the DEP program August 1,2009 and my recruiter knew I wanted infantry so he said wait until the Fiscal year in October so I could get it, only he never did it, he waited until about December-January to ask me about my MOS preferance and now there is only MOTOR T, LEGAL ADMIN, and OPEN CONTRACT, I do not like trucks, and Legal admin I mean come on I want adventure thats the whole reason I joined the DEP so I chose OPEN CONTRACT, I want 0311 Rifleman so bad I would wait until October of this year just to get it or anything else that is Infantry, is that possible cause I ship July 12, and ive read online that the Corps will not let you change your MOS, help?:devious::!:

Lynn2
07-05-10, 11:53 AM
"he said wait until the Fiscal year in October"

How many recruits, deppers, parents, walk-ins, bosses, etc do you think they have to deal with?

Maybe once Oct rolled around you might have spoken up and looked out for your own career?

If you did not even bother to ask I do not see where the recruiter carries the blame on this one.

Wyoming
07-05-10, 12:07 PM
"he said wait until the Fiscal year in October"

How many recruits, deppers, parents, walk-ins, bosses, etc do you think they have to deal with?

Maybe once Oct rolled around you might have spoken up and looked out for your own career?

If you did not even bother to ask I do not see where the recruiter carries the blame on this one.

Exactly, but methinks he was too busy playing.

and I play xbox 360

P90x
07-05-10, 12:37 PM
thats what I think its his job not mine

P90x
07-05-10, 12:44 PM
wait, first off you don't know anything I played xbox 360 last year, and you don't know my recruier like I do/

Lynn2
07-05-10, 01:09 PM

And this my dumb or lazy friend is why you do not have the mos you wanted.

Even at a very dumb (but not lazy) 17 (and I was dumb) I would have been camped out in his office on Oct 1. As would have just about every Marine and Corpsman on this forum.

Your posts speak for them self

Zulu 36
07-05-10, 01:40 PM

It's your life, not his. He's already made the cut.

Did you think that maybe he was testing you to see how strongly you wanted infantry? Not strongly enough, evidently.

Wyoming
07-05-10, 03:25 PM

Wasn't talking about him.

It IS your job.

Really qualified people are WALKING IN each day.

Wyoming
07-05-10, 03:28 PM
wait, first off you don't know anything I played xbox 360 last year, and you don't know my recruier like I do/

... you are the one I quote saying that is your interest.

You really want to be a Marine, you shoulda parked your ass in his office.

.. and you are right, I don't know anything, and most especially, and thank God, I do not know you.

Wyoming
07-05-10, 03:31 PM
And this my dumb or lazy friend is why you do not have the mos you wanted.

Even at a very dumb (but not lazy) 17 (and I was dumb) I would have been camped out in his office on Oct 1. As would have just about every Marine and Corpsman on this forum.

Your posts speak for them self

EXACTLY!!

Wawawa, bawbawbaw, gimmie, gimmie, gimmie!

Phantom Blooper
07-05-10, 04:47 PM
October 1st 2009 you should have been bivouacking on the steps to his hatch.

You will find in the Marine Corps....you snooze...you lose.

Someone else will jump on it!

Initiative is a leadership trait...you should have took the initiative and went back the 1st of October and asked what about what you told me.

A recruiter has many potential candidates to enlist.

It is up to you to make the 1st step...like you did when walked in his hatch.:evilgrin:

Failuredrill
07-05-10, 07:45 PM
Haha, open contract. I'm glad that you didn't take the initiative and follow up. I know for me I made damn well sure that I was going to become a grunt. Double checked paperwork, hounded my recruiter, hell I even made sure with one of my DI's halfway through boot camp. You sound like the type that even if you did get it, and made it through boot camp, you'd end up washing out at SOI or for damn sure once you hit the fleet with that kind of attitude. Don't feel bad though, there are perks being part of the jock strap... so I hear.

TazMatt
07-05-10, 08:09 PM
Cry me a river I didn't get what I wanted and now I don't want to play.You should been in when you didn't have a choice,You took what the Marine Corps gave you and didn't ask questions about it.You did your job.So once again I say cry me a river.

gonzo4
07-05-10, 08:51 PM
Sorry to say it man but you might have to reDEP I fought tooth and nail to get my MOS and I got it. So don't get into anything you wouldn't be happy with but you can't blame anyone but yourself for not making sure **** was getting done.

Sgt Leprechaun
07-05-10, 11:25 PM
Asked, answered, done.