PDA

View Full Version : Marsoc?

Zwoods2010
07-05-10, 01:26 AM
Hello Marines
I have a question reguarding the details of MARSOC?
I am signing with mos 0321, with the intention of Force Recon.
But my recruiter is telling me maybe MARSOC would be more my interest?
Just wondering if anyone could fill me in on what they do. I was told Force Recon is alot like the SEAL/S. and that MARSOC is mostly all land based but not sure if this is true. Google only has few things. If someone could fill me in or re direct me somewhere with info that would be awesome. Thanks for the time!

CQB0316
07-05-10, 01:30 AM
MARSOC is our contribution to SOCOM and thats who they answer to. Force Recon answers to the Marine Corps. Thats the difference.

josephd
07-05-10, 01:32 AM
Don't worry about MARSOC right now, you cannot apply for MARSOC unless you are an NCO with a tour of duty under your belt already (some rare cases of LCpls being allowed to put in packages).

Zwoods2010
07-05-10, 01:46 AM
Oh okay, I appreciate the help Marines. This site is the best source of info out there. Its a true blessing to all.

ritter
07-05-10, 11:38 AM
You are not signing up for the MOS 0321, you are signing up to try out for it... there are no guarantees. If you knew what Force Recon did then they wouldn't be good at their job.

Rocky C
07-05-10, 12:01 PM
Hello Marines
I have a question reguarding the details of MARSOC?
I am signing with mos 0321, with the intention of Force Recon.
But my recruiter is telling me maybe MARSOC would be more my interest?
Just wondering if anyone could fill me in on what they do. I was told Force Recon is alot like the SEAL/S. and that MARSOC is mostly all land based but not sure if this is true. Google only has few things. If someone could fill me in or re direct me somewhere with info that would be awesome. Thanks for the time!

Here you go...............

http://www.marines.mil/unit/marsoc/Pages/default.aspx