PDA

View Full Version : Former NFL QB Randall Cunningham's Son, 2, Drowns in Hot Tub

jetdawgg
06-30-10, 05:54 PM
http://a.abcnews.com/images/US/nm_Randall_Christian_Cunningham_100630_mn.jpg

The 2-year-old son of former NFL quarterback Randall Cunningham drowned in a backyard hot tub in Las Vegas that his father, who is now a minister, used to perform baptisms, authorities said today.

Christian Cunningham died after being found floating in the hot tub, police said.

A woman at Cunningham's house was with several children when she found the boy at about 4:30 p.m. Tuesday, police said. She pulled the boy from the hot tub and performed CPR. Police said they received a 911 call at 4:45 p.m. Paramedics rushed the child to St. Rose Dominican Hospital, Siena campus, where he died.

A friend of the Cunningham family and a church member told ABCNews.com that more than 100 people gathered to sing, pray and cry Tuesday evening at Cunningham's church and at his home. At the gathering, people also shared stories about Christian.

"We were there for support," said the church member, who asked not to be identified by name. "It's about being a church family and supporting the family. We believe in the resurrection and we believe that his son Christian is going to be OK."

The family friend described Christian as a precocious and happy child. "He was always active and running around, smiling and giving everybody hugs and jumping on their laps," he told ABCNews.com. "He was so full of life. He was not only the Cunningham child, he was also the church's child. He trusted everybody."

http://abcnews.go.com/US/randall-cunningham-son-drowns-hot-tub/story?id=11053458

Rocky C
06-30-10, 06:22 PM
Prayers Outbound to the Family.
What a Tradgedy................

GSEMarine94
07-01-10, 08:14 PM
Unfortunately this stuff happens way to much. Two kids (one was 10 the other was 4) both drowned in Memphis last week. Then a friend of ours nephew drowned, over the weekend. His dad was in A-stan.
Now I don't let my kids go into our backyard without us and I am thinking about putting on some kind of alarm system on my pool.

Old Marine
07-01-10, 08:41 PM
All pools should have locking covers on them. Way too much of this happens to small children each and every summer.