PDA

View Full Version : RSP - how does it work?

byork88
06-30-10, 12:48 PM
Hi,

My boyfriend left for boot camp May 10th, this morning I received a phone call from him where he told me he's being "dropped from the Marine Corps and being moved to the Recruit Separation Platoon".

What exactly does this mean? I mean, yes, I know it means he'll be sent home eventually, but beyond that I don't know the functionality of the RSP. How can I find out whats going on?

I called his recruiter who was shocked to hear that he had been placed in this new platoon and asked me what had happened... I myself had little information, so he said he'd call me back. But never did.

How will being "dropped from the Marine Corps" affect my boyfriend's future? What happens now? When can I and his family expect to find information out about whats happened?

I know I'm not a parent, but I write on behalf of both myself and my boyfriend's father, who has asked me to find out as much as I can. I'm so sorry for so many questions, I just don't know where to turn.

I hope there's someone out there who can give me clarity.

Wyoming
06-30-10, 01:57 PM
He lied, he cheated, he stole, he kissed a DI, HELL, who knows but him?

Zulu 36
06-30-10, 02:28 PM
The recruiter can find out. But you haven't given him much time to do so if you just found out this morning. He does have other work beside calling an MCRD and hounding someone for info.

Like BigAl said, if he is going to RSP, it could be for any number of reasons. Was he in MRP for awhile and not a regular platoon due to illness or injury? If so, that may be why he is in RSP; his illness or injury isn't going to improve well enough or fast enough. If not, he screwed up somehow.

Unless the recruiter tells you what happened (and it will be only a very basic explanation, not details), you will have to get the details from your boyfriend. The Marine Corps will not explain why they did what they did to you or his family as he's an adult now. Your boyfriend knows exactly why.

Rocky C
06-30-10, 05:56 PM
The recruiter can find out. But you haven't given him much time to do so if you just found out this morning. He does have other work beside calling an MCRD and hounding someone for info.

Like BigAl said, if he is going to RSP, it could be for any number of reasons. Was he in MRP for awhile and not a regular platoon due to illness or injury? If so, that may be why he is in RSP; his illness or injury isn't going to improve well enough or fast enough. If not, he screwed up somehow.

Unless the recruiter tells you what happened (and it will be only a very basic explanation, not details), you will have to get the details from your boyfriend. The Marine Corps will not explain why they did what they did to you or his family as he's an adult now. Your boyfriend knows exactly why.

Agree :thumbup: