PDA

View Full Version : Question about getting an MOS

ADRobold
06-29-10, 04:59 PM
First of all, thank you to everyone who takes the time to read this and for any advice. <br />
<br />
I DEPed in on the fourth of may, and and while looking into signing up for an MOS, my recruiter was very...

RPSmith
06-29-10, 05:17 PM
Actually, there is no way you can sign up specifically for the 72XX field.
The "AG" contract is for Enlisted Aircrew, and it includes 6100, 6200, and 7300 MOS's.

I believe there is an "AJ" contract with includes the 72XX field, but it also includes Weather Service and a UAV Operator MOS.

What type of aviation MOS's are you interested in? Aviation Mechanic, Air Crew, Aviation Support, etc.?

ADRobold
06-29-10, 05:35 PM
Okay i see. At the time i was looking more into the core of aviation, specifically Enlisted Aircrew, until i found out i missed the required GT score by one point. Now i am looking at 7212 Low Altitude Air Defense Gunner.

My concern is that the B6 option is incredibly broad, and although the CE option is more specific, i could still end up as an M1A1 Tank crewman, AAV crewman, EFV crewman, or a Field atrillery cannoneer. Is there any contract which at least narrows the MOS's into similar fields?

RPSmith
06-29-10, 05:46 PM
All contracts, though narrowed down to a similar field, are still pretty broad.
If I'm not mistaken, the CE contract is the only one that includes the 7212 MOS.
I'll PM you with more info.

ADRobold
06-29-10, 05:54 PM
Okay, Thank you.