PDA

View Full Version : Ship date no contract

bnadio
06-29-10, 09:24 AM
I have a ship date which is 201102 but i have no contract is this normal?

RPSmith
06-29-10, 10:03 AM
No, it doesn't make sense.
That date you listed isnt even a ship date. It reads "February 2011".

If you have gone to MEPS, signed a contract, and sworn into the DEP, then you have ship date and a contract. If you haven't done so, then you have niether.

Endurance89
06-29-10, 08:11 PM
No, it doesn't make sense.
That date you listed isnt even a ship date. It reads "February 2011".

If you have gone to MEPS, signed a contract, and sworn into the DEP, then you have ship date and a contract. If you haven't done so, then you have niether.

Gonna have to agree with the LCpl on this one. Something seems fishy.

Perhaps, though, you just dropped a coupe of numbers and are in fact asking about the fact that you have an open contract? Open contracts aren't that uncommon, but basically mean that you will be put where the Marine Corps needs you. This could be parachute rigger, mail clerk or supply. One of my best friends out of BC had a 295 PFT, was Series Honor Man and guide for more than half of BC, became a Mail Clerk. Beyond the point, though. Figure out what you are trying to ask us and report back here.

Double time.

bnadio
06-30-10, 08:51 AM
thats what i mean i have a open contract and my ship date is in february 2011 i just forgot the day and i was wondering if this was normal but never mind my question because i am going to meps tomorrow for my contract.

RPSmith
06-30-10, 01:11 PM
Well that makes more sense.
As I'm sure you already found out, everyone signs an open contract when they DEP in.

bnadio
07-01-10, 07:31 PM
ok i went to meps today and got my contract but no job when do i pick a job & sign up for a job?

RPSmith
07-01-10, 09:23 PM
Your recruiter has the list of available contracts. At some point before you ship out, he'll try to find a contract that corresponds with your ship date, ASVAB score, and interests.

Sgt Leprechaun
07-02-10, 12:09 AM
Did you consider asking your recruiter this? I mean, it's YOUR life on the line, you didn't think to say "Ummmm....(Insert rank)...what about my job/MOS?"

Wyoming
07-02-10, 07:38 AM
Did you consider asking your recruiter this? I mean, it's YOUR life on the line, you didn't think to say "Ummmm....(Insert rank)...what about my job/MOS?"

Incredible. They spend more time on pretty pictures than their life choice for the next 4 years.

Jeez, ASK!!

bnadio
07-02-10, 08:00 AM
he said when the new fiscal year starts in October ill choose a job