PDA

View Full Version : Marine Expeditionary Unit (MEU)

Semp3rFidel1s
06-29-10, 12:38 AM
I'm confused on what these Marines do. Is there a certain MOS to be a part of the MEU? How can someone become part of the MEU? Who chooses the people to go into MEU? I hear the Marines in MEU are kinda like Special Operations. Can someone just clarify what MEU is, what it takes to become a part of MEU, and what do? Thanks

CQB0316
06-29-10, 12:55 AM
The Battalion Landing Team is made up of an Infantry Battalion. There are Recon Marines, Helos, and other support MOS's on the ships as well. MEU's are SOC because of their Recon assets. The 31st MEU also has a Boat Company. I dont feel like typing anymore so google it.

WXSgt
06-29-10, 09:43 AM
I dont feel like typing anymore so google it.

rofl Im with an Intel Bn and we send a detachment there basically from every shop. weather, intel guys, topo(map guys) so on so forth

scifguard
06-29-10, 11:17 AM
Most MOS's can pretty much be on a MEU. I'm in SIGINT and got put here on the 31st MEU (affectionately known as the "thirty-worst") as part of a detachment. Some people love the boat. A lot of them just sit around and do nothing until we have an operation we have to do. I sat in a locked room everyday (not the brig) for two months and never got off ship except for libo ports (hehe... Thailand...). There's probably a chance that sometime in your enlistment you may be able to go on a MEU. Just make the best that you can of it and try to enjoy yourself.

Sgt Leprechaun
06-29-10, 11:20 AM
Google is your friend....