PDA

View Full Version : Obama wants to downsize the Military and elimiate pay raises

CQB0316
06-28-10, 08:53 PM
So I was reading the Navy times ( June 28th issue ). The article is titled Target: Military Benifits on page 8 for those of you that want to confirm what im about to tell you.

Obama administrations MASTER PLAN

By 2020 they want to....

Reduce the Marine Corps from 202,000 to 142,000. Reduce the Army from 547,000-360,000. They want to cut the Navy by 9,000. They want to implement smaller raises or no raises at all. They want to seperate commissaries and exchanges to raise the prices, and eliminate 280,000 civilian DOD jobs.

Way to vote America :banana:

USMCM38A1
06-28-10, 08:57 PM
How about he elimanates his salary and perks and gives it to the military.The great and all powerful Obama what a joke.

usmc3521
06-28-10, 09:59 PM
I wish they would impeach him for being a jack off

bootlace15
06-28-10, 10:08 PM
Its not just him its his policy makers who fall for all this horse****.

hussaf
06-28-10, 10:09 PM
Are you guys kidding me?! I make waaaay too much money as it is! I have to hire an accountant just to keep track of it all. God forbid when my massive clothing allowance hits...do they make calculators for sums that large?!

That being said...there is much to learn from the book Starship Troopers (MARCOR reading list....lance corporal level I think?). Politicians should live and work like their counterparts in the military seeing as they too are public servants. Barracks or base housing, BAH, etc. GS scale should be more similar to E or O scale. And you should have military service in order to be considered a citizen and be applicable for a politician. But I guess that book is borderline communist, so I won't argue with any dissenters of my opinion.

hussaf
06-28-10, 10:12 PM
Yes bootlace, the President/s are glorified figureheads with a moderate level of influence. Congress is an absolute ****ing joke, Google some stats on their activity and intelligence levels. They are upper class isolationists who have no idea whats going on in the world and little more about whats going on in the US...particularly outside their own circles. And being raised upper class is no excuse! I know plenty of Marines raised in upper class families who are very well grounded and know WTF is going on around them.

CQB0316
06-28-10, 10:18 PM
Its not just him its his policy makers who fall for all this horse****.

Thats why I said his administration.

SlingerDun
06-28-10, 10:30 PM
I wish they would impeach him for being a jack offor jackwagon:evilgrin:

SgtHMH
06-28-10, 10:35 PM
Don't blame me, I voted for the other guy. He was in the Navy as a Pilot, a POW in the Hilton.

Semper Fi

hussaf
06-28-10, 10:41 PM
or jackwagon:evilgrin:

Nice reference to the Emery commercial.

DanM
06-28-10, 10:44 PM
Nothing new,the same cuts were made after Nam in the late 70's.

Lynn2
06-29-10, 07:34 AM
How about a link?

CQB0316
06-29-10, 07:57 AM
Go buy the June 28th Navy Times. Its on page 8. If you have a Navy Times ID and password you can log into the site and see it. But I dont.

Old Marine
06-29-10, 08:45 AM
This is old news. Each and every POTUS does this at one time in their term and have been doing it since I can remember.

FistFu68
06-29-10, 11:35 AM
:evilgrin: You ever seen any other President of the U S Of A...before Obama Bow Down too a Saudi and Kiss his Hand??? :confused: :iwo:

Zulu 36
06-29-10, 01:11 PM
This is old news. Each and every POTUS does this at one time in their term and have been doing it since I can remember.

This is true, Boss. But the last time a liberal Prez REALLY cut the military back (Jimmie Carter), it took Ronald Reagan all eight-years of his Presidency to get it built back up.

Obama is just liable to do it and make deeper cuts to boot. I guess he hopes a subservient attitude toward Islam will make them like us better. Next thing we'll be paying a dhimma tax too.

yellowwing
06-29-10, 01:17 PM
So I was reading the Navy times ( June 28th issue ). The article is titled Target: Military Benifits on page 8 for those of you that want to confirm what im about to tell you.

Obama administrations MASTER PLAN

By 2020 they want to....

Reduce the Marine Corps from 202,000 to 142,000. Reduce the Army from 547,000-360,000. They want to cut the Navy by 9,000. They want to implement smaller raises or no raises at all. They want to seperate commissaries and exchanges to raise the prices, and eliminate 280,000 civilian DOD jobs.

Way to vote America :banana:
"Obama administrations MASTER PLAN - By 2020"? Excuse me 2020? You are going to have a lot more problems if Obama is still President in 2020. Attention to detail is a skill.

Zulu 36
06-29-10, 01:26 PM
"Obama administrations MASTER PLAN - By 2020"? Excuse me 2020? You are going to have a lot more problems if Obama is still President in 2020. Attention to detail is a skill.

You mean he might not be planning to be Edi Amin Obama, President for Life?

kenrobg30
06-29-10, 01:32 PM
Every President, as far as I Know, Couldn't wait to make cuts in the Military, the moment there was any suggestion of Peace. The guys with the industries, and the big bucks don't like supporting Troops in peace time, and do their damnedest to profit on the blood of the fighting men, and Women today. Put the blame where it belongs. On the heads of the war profiteers, and their puppets in the Government. Robert Heinlien Had the right idea. :usmc: S/F!!! Ken

vipere6
06-29-10, 04:27 PM
Well Obama wouldn't know what it is to sacrifice his life for this fine country. I don't even think he even know's what the meaning of the word is. It make's me sick when he get's off Airforce One or a Marine sentry is present And Obama renders a salute back I think he is a discrace to this nation.

polizei
06-29-10, 08:08 PM
I really want a "Chesty for President" tshirt...

haebyungdae
06-29-10, 09:01 PM
As much as small pay raises make me annoyed a little bit, you have to think about it. Once we pull ourselves away from Iraq and Afghanistan completely we will be back to a "peacetime" force, which means there is obsoletely no need to maintain a military of wartime strength and posture, so of course cuts in personnel are obvious. Pay cuts, people in the military make enough money as it is already if you compare pay to education level and whatnot. And with that too, some of where our 'could have been higher pay raise' is going is more to base housing and DoD schools, dependents are the ones taking away from our pay raise not Obama, his aides, or the DoD.

Civilian contractors, F them. Obama giving his pay check to the military is nothing compared to the money that could be saved if the government does cut a lot of civilian jobs. A lot of those jobs could be done by the military and a lot of civilians don't do much of anything at all, civilian contracting is a waste of space and money. The civilians around me make a lot more then I do and don't know jack chit.

You serve your country not for money or prestige, but to do something that a majority of Americans won't do. The US is not soviet Russia, China, North Korea, etc. where it is prestigious and a status symbol to be in the military there. These last years of big raises and bonuses has made our military greedy and thinking that the government owes them something more then they are already getting.

Lastly, people need to get over this hate everything Obama does syndrome, because if he wasn't a liberal this thread would probably not be what it is now. I'm not an Obama lover and disagree with many things he has done, but have a clear enough head to not hate everything he is without reason.

Lynn2
06-30-10, 10:22 AM
The way a President, any president, tells us what he wants in terms of the future they use this really neat trick. Its called the Presidential budget.

The agencies put it together. They send it to the WH/OMB.

The OMB marks the budget up. It goes back to the agencies where they put it into final (after a brief period of crying and hair pulling) and send it through the WH to the Congress.

That budget is about as secret as a reality show. It can be found and read by everyone. And its not just found on a Navy Time that no one can actually read because of no password. You can even find a link to that budget once its published and final.

3rd hand stories from sources without links that cannot be read tends to be as accurate a picture as----- well just making up stuff that gets printed somewhere and then passed on as scoop by those that see something that furthers their arguments.....even if totally untrue.

yellowwing
06-30-10, 12:31 PM
I really want a "Chesty for President" tshirt...

:thumbup:

DocGreek
06-30-10, 01:07 PM
:evilgrin:....Just how does a new budget become enacted? Who decides what is IN the budget, and what's left out? The budget for Defense Spending....WHO decides how much, and how long it remains in effect??
Exactly WHAT does The President have to do with the "National Budget"?
WELL.....I'M SO FVCKIN' SMART, I KNOW THE ANSWERS TO ALL THESE QUESTIONS!!!!......HOW ABOUT YOU AZZHOLES????....or didn't you graduate from high school???......:evilgrin:

Lynn2
06-30-10, 01:13 PM
:evilgrin:....Just how does a new budget become enacted? Who decides what is IN the budget, and what's left out? The budget for Defense Spending....WHO decides how much, and how long it remains in effect??
Exactly WHAT does The President have to do with the "National Budget"?
WELL.....I'M SO FVCKIN' SMART, I KNOW THE ANSWERS TO ALL THESE QUESTIONS!!!!......HOW ABOUT YOU AZZHOLES????....or didn't you graduate from high school???......:evilgrin:

Doc, its hard to tell are you seriously asking or just ranting?

DocGreek
06-30-10, 01:27 PM
Blaming the President for every action, taken by OUR government, is just IGNORANT! Being unwilling to accept the responsibility of CITIZENSHIP, leads to ANARCHY, and Revolution!!!.........DUH!!