PDA

View Full Version : MEPS question

williamstamato
06-25-10, 09:11 PM
I am going to MEPS tomorrow morning and already have took the asvab and received a 71 overall.

My recruiter told me I will be going for physical, but will I also pick my job and swear in and all of that?

Just wondering the process I will be going through see it that I already took the ASVAB. I could not find a clear cut answer on this.

Thanks Marines.

RPSmith
06-25-10, 10:25 PM
You'll do your physical, and then speak with the Marine liaison who will ask you questions about your background.
If everything is good to go, you'll sign your contract. It will be an open contract, which includes your ship date and term of enlistment.
You'll talk with your recruiter at a later date to determine your MOS.

williamstamato
06-26-10, 11:56 PM
You'll do your physical, and then speak with the Marine liaison who will ask you questions about your background.
If everything is good to go, you'll sign your contract. It will be an open contract, which includes your ship date and term of enlistment.
You'll talk with your recruiter at a later date to determine your MOS.

I only took my physical and did not do anything with signing my contract. My recruiter told me he will inform me on when I will sign my contract. Now I know I will be returning to MEPS to do so, but will I JUST be going to swear in, sign my contract, etc? Will I have to do any physical stuff again like height weight? Im asking this because I made my weight for my height (5feet 7inches : Max 197) I weighed in at 191 (recently after losing 38 pounds) but I was planning on putting a few back on for my upcoming football season. My question is will I weigh in again at my next MEPS trip or is that the only time I will weigh in until the weigh in before I ship to PI?

Thanks!

Lisa 23
06-27-10, 01:17 PM
Do a search on the site for MEPS, or even the internet, as this topic has been covered before.