PDA

View Full Version : A Little Update

bgsuwoody
06-25-10, 07:47 PM
Well its been a while since I have been on here for anything really productive. I just have not had the time, and its just not the same place all the time that I remembered. I just wanted to update you on my situation. I am at that magical three year mark and my year mark as a CPL (yeah I can't believe it either) and I am weighing my reenlistment options and I'll get you all back to you on what I decide. It plan on staying in 3/8 for one more deployment and then weighing the options for a commission. But we'll see I'm looking at HET and FO as well...and maybe even crossing over to become a Corpsman...but thats another story.

I have accomplished a lot during this workup for a deployment I am not really enthused about...the 26th MEU. I went to Infantry Squad Leaders School and became a HRST master and had the opportunity to do live tissue training. I was chosen for the VBSS (Visit Board Search and Seizure team) and have been training extensively with that. Quite frankly over the last 14 weeks I have had only 6 week days where I haven't been training in the field. I've been to AP Hill, NDRF Reserve Fleet James River, VA, Ft Pickett, and GTI near Charleston SC, and all over the Lejeune area. Its been crazy. Had some of the worst and best days of my life (I can honestly say this) I have two more ship ops coming up in the near future and then I'll be heading out to do the ol MEU thing. I'll probably go crazy...

I have been leading Marines, though as a team leader and not in the capacity I would desire and am prepared for because others "of higher rank" from places unknown continue to take the spots. However I trained these guys and I have been here since the begininng and we have one of the top 3 squads in the BN...hands down.

I just figured I would give all you who I usually talk to a shout out and tell you whats up. And any advice on the reenlistment possibilities would be awesome.

sparkie
06-25-10, 09:25 PM
Buggs,,,,,, I always believed in you. Make your choice, and do your best. You are a damm good Marine and I will always have your back. I did care,,,,,,,,,,,Still do,,,,,,

Zulu 36
06-25-10, 10:20 PM
Well, LN.com is a lot like a Marine unit. Older members leave, new members report in. Some of us retire in place. :D

I've always had a lot of confidence in you, even as a Poolee. You are mature beyond your years and you do whatever you set your mind to do.

I think you would make an excellent officer, so it's something to really give thought to while you're floating around with the MEU.

Of course, with General P taking over in Afghanistan, it's always a possibility you guys might end up there. I know from my research that General P likes the way Marines can do counterinsurgency.

Good luck, Mike. You'll do great in anything you do.

FistFu68
06-25-10, 10:36 PM
:evilgrin: Go Marine Go...stay in and become the Youngest Gunny in the History of the USMC...then become a Mustanger I know You've got in in You Marine.What Ev,You decide GodSpeed too You.S/F OORAH :thumbup: :iwo:

Quinbo
06-26-10, 01:35 AM
Dang Woodall ..... you're moving in leaps and bounds. If you find yourself on the fence why not just put in for a 1 year extension. Stay in your unit for another year. I don't know where east coast MEU's go but it won't be bad enough to drive you crazy.