PDA

View Full Version : For any Korea Vets out there

AAV Crewchief
06-25-10, 03:18 PM
THANKS FOR YOUR SERVICE! 60 years ago today was the start of your war. We appreciate your sacrifices!!!:thumbup::marine:

vmfn513
08-08-10, 01:56 PM
THANK YOU!!!!!!!
It is more than we got from TRUMAN !

kenrobg30
08-15-10, 12:47 PM
As a representative of Harrys' Police Force, I thank you, younger Brothers. I didn't mind the fact, that Harry considered the Marine Corps unnessessary, the part that P***ed me off was, we never got our Billy-clubs (Batons ??) Not even a Swagger-Stick !! Now, ain't that a b***ch !! S?F!!! KEN :beer:

Old Marine
08-15-10, 03:55 PM
Thank You.

Will always remember Korea, long before it was built up as it is today.

38th Draft.
HqCo, 1st Tank Bn.
1st Marine Division

Wyoming
08-15-10, 04:21 PM
Semper Fidelis, Brothers before me.

Sure hope some of the younger Marines remember and appreciate your service and sacrifices.

Mongoose
08-15-10, 06:27 PM
You paved the way for us Viet Nam Vets. Thanks for your dedication, loyalty, and honer to your brother Marines and your Country. S/F

noman
01-23-15, 04:06 PM
that war has left an unwelcome legacy...
http://www.leatherneck.com/forums/showthread.php?119314-There-is-an-unresolved-leagacy-from-the-Korea-War-THE-MIAS

spoondad4
07-09-15, 11:41 AM
as a former Marine myself, I always looked up to my uncle who served in the Marines.
Robert Farrell served under Chesty Puller in Korea and recently passed away.

God bless all the Marines who have served

FistFu68
07-10-15, 12:13 PM
GodBless You guys always thought You where some Real BadA$$e$ Go Easy Sempers

Greatniece
09-05-16, 01:23 PM
Dear USMC Community,

It is a privilege to be on this site. My great uncle was killed in the Punch Bowl in September of 1951. He was in the First Marines, 7th Marine Regiment, G Company.

For family history and a project I am working on, I am interested in any stories veterans have about the Korean War.

What were you fighting for? Did you think the war would be over quickly?

I am also interested in information about what my great uncle would have done as an enlisted Marine in boot camp at Camp Pendleton. Detailed stories welcome!

History has largely forgotten this cruel war, but some people have not. I am one of them. Thank you for your service.

Thank you,
Greatniece